Bored of waiting!!!!!

Cornishpoms

I know what you mean we are waiting for state sponsorship, that's hard enough.... At least you are further down the line. Hang on in there, it will be worth it, that's what i keep telling myself after I have checked my emails yet again! Good luck..

Hi everyone,Cornish - We were allocated a CO in Dec 12 and invited to have Meds and Polics Cx's on 09 Jan 13, we applied immediately for and got the Polics cx's back on 15 Jan, but had to wait for a Med appt on 28 Jan 13. The meds were ok and were forwarded immediately on the ehealth system, however we were informed by the CO immediately that there were 'system problems' with the Health Authority computer system in OZ. It transpired 10 weeks later (Apr) that Health in OZ did not actually receive our med results and I had to get the hospital in Edinburgh to re-submit. It was about 3 weeks or so after that that we got our visa (last week)...yipeeee!! It wasnt without the waiting game as you all know though.They annoying thing was that we were supposed to get 1 year from the Meds or Police Cx's approval date for your Initial Entry Date, however we only got 7 months due to the medical system issues in OZ; we need to de-clutter and get packing now!!Jkm - We waited only a week to get a SS decision, but the website at the time was quoting 30 days. I guess it depends on how busy they are, but I think theyre building some redundance into their 'waiting time quote' on the web-site.Nikkis - We got our SS on 06 Nov 12, were selected from 'Skill Select' the very next day and were allocated a CO about 5 weeks after that. Thats what made me the most happy.I hope the above eases some of the obvious frustration. It will remain util you get a visa, but as long as you get selected from Skill Select, my thoughts are that its then in the bag, its just a case of when. The best of luck to you all and keep smiling :)A

We've been waiting a while now. My medical has been referred and this can take 12 weeks.

I've stopped guessing when we'll be starting our new life. It'll happen when it happens. On the positive side, our bank balance is increasing each month and we'll have more to fall back on if it takes time to find a job.

Hi all, thought I'd drop in on your thread as I am also playing the waiting game on my partner visa!! First applied in February and allocated to DP who has been very helpful to date although I've only felt the need to speak with him once.. Meds completed 15/5/13 and just waiting for police check to arrive then forward onto DIAC and then the real wait begins (pending a successful medical anyway).. Nice to know others are in a similar situation.. Good luck all..

WA State Sponsorship approved today!!!! Just had an email from agent, signed the agreement and returned. Wow what a weight off our shoulders. Hopefully the invite on the EOI will be quick and we can get the 190 Visa application in. We are so relieved! Its going to be a good weekend.

Hope everyone else has some good news soon.

Happy Birthday to Cornishpoms!! You said we would hear something today!! Have a great Birthday.

Thanks! Was hoping for a fab present.... But it seems not!! Email from agent this morning to say "DIAC can't open up my police check" so sent again!! Fingers crossed for Monday than lol.

Fantastic news for you tho Ashleymhale :0) it feels a really big step in the right direction.

Thanks! Was hoping for a fab present.... But it seems not!! Email from agent this morning to say "DIAC can't open up my police check" so sent again!! Fingers crossed for Monday than lol.

Fantastic news for you tho Ashleymhale :0) it feels a really big step in the right direction.

Sorry to hear they couldn't open up the file, but at least you know you are very very very close!

How long after your SS was approved did your invite come? and when did you lodge the visa application?

We feel so relieved, as you say its a step in the right direction.

Enjoy the rest of your birthday.

Redsquare - Both of our meds got referred, but after they lost the initial upload of docs to the eHealth system (Jan) and it got re-uploaded (Apr) it only took another 4-5 weeks after that, which I thought was ok as I also expected to wait another 12 weeks.Lets hope it comes through soon...for everyone !! :) Al

Congrats. Starts to feel real once that happens!!

We're waiting to find out wether or not we've had one of our medicals refured!! We're using an agent so she emailed Friday to try and find out why we've been kept waiting so long! It's been 4wks Thursday since our medicals.