Interest in EOI

kbounds

Hi,

After submitting our EOI, we had correspondence back on the 31/07/2013 that they were looking at it etc. Does anyone know how long it can take for them to decide whether they want to offer you SS? We are going for the 190 visa.

Edited by kbounds
ADD SIGNATURE

It really does happen quite quickly..we put our EOI in on the 17/07 got SS a few days later and today we have paid to lodge our visa!!(190) which is quite disturbing how much it has gone up in price!!, Our agent has told us that it then takes roughly 5 weeks before getting a case officer ,then its meds/police checks...must admit am tempted to try and get the checks done before we get allocated a c/o...does anyone know if thats ok to do??

It really does happen quite quickly..we put our EOI in on the 17/07 got SS a few days later and today we have paid to lodge our visa!!(190) which is quite disturbing how much it has gone up in price!!, Our agent has told us that it then takes roughly 5 weeks before getting a case officer ,then its meds/police checks...must admit am tempted to try and get the checks done before we get allocated a c/o...does anyone know if thats ok to do??

wow that is super quick!! well done! i have read other posts that state you can book your medicals once you have the TRN number as booking them before they are requested saves about 2 weeks+ waiting. When we lodge ours I think I am going to book our medicals and i know they use the date of the medical to validate visa etc but we are ready to go straight away literally just need the visa grant as my hubby is already in perth!

just to advise anyone that has an agent.....either dont bother or constantly ring them!!! very disappointed today as i rang immi to see what the hold up was in sending us the email to sign for SS and they said they sent an email requesting some info to our agent on monday 5th august and when i phoned agent yesterday they said there had been no coreespondence. we have sorted the issue now but from now on i will be ringing immi to check the progress!

Hi, does anybody know the timescale of getting a reply back for the 489 regional visa, it seems to be a lot quicker for the 190, we sent our EOI in May and have not heard anything yet, does this seem right? Thanks and congrats to the floorman i remember your frustration at the ielts.

hi there after you did the EOI on skillsellect did you then go and apply direct to WA for state sponsorship on http://www.migration.wa.gov.au ? If not then submit a new expression of interest as the SS system changed on July 1st and they wont see your previous EOI now. This kind of happened to us, I lodged the EOI earlier in the year but updated at the end of July to select 190 visa and add IELTS and skills assessment, when I hadnt heard anything after 2 weeks i emailed WA and they said to lodge a new EOI which I did last Friday. Since July 1st you no longer apply direct to WA now, you just wait after lodging EOI.

Hi, Thanks for your info, we did exactly the same yesterday, we rang WA and they told us that any EOI registered before july would not get looked at so we resubmitted last night, so fingers crossed we get a reply this time. we also emailed 4 times and didnt getting answers, just cut and paste emails, better to ring in the future, in my opinion. Thanks anyway and Good luck.

good luck to you too, I tried to do the application today but had a bit of a nightmare when it froze and said there had been a problem saving it so I lost it:arghh:, I cant figure how to get back into it again so will have to wait til tomorrow to ring them. Its just one hiccup after another with this process...