Where to live?

Guest docperth

Guest docperth

Hi,

I'm due to move to Perth in January from the UK and will be working at Joondalup Health Campus ED.

Some friends that are already there are staying in Cottesloe, and recommend either Cottesloe or West Leederville as places to live. Ill be looking for a 1 bed furnished apartment.

Can anyone advise on these suburbs? i.e, shops, restaurants, crime etc. I'll have a car and hear it is about 30mins to Joondalup. I like the beach but it's not essential.

Also how long would it take to set up gas,electricity, water and internet in a property? I arrive a week before I start work.

Thanks!

Both of them suburbs are very good. But very expensive. They have a good range of shops and bars and restaurants. Train would be a bit more than 30 mins as you would need to change trains in Perth.

Setting up gas and electricity is just a phone call to take over the account. Internet will depend on if it already has cables in or not - pretty much the same as the UK

• 2 weeks later...