Guest Hoppers1982

Guest Hoppers1982

Hi All,

A friend of mine directed me to this site in the hope that anyone out there can help me!

I have been living in Perth for just over 18 months on a working holiday visa and have totally fallen in love with the city and can't ever imagine going back to the UK! As a result I have been seeking a 457 sponsorship for the last few months however, without success.

I have 14 years experience within the Customer Service industry, from Hospitality management to Occupational Health management.

On a daily occurrence I have been looking through the usual job seeking avenues of SEEK, Gumtree, Job is Job - all those you find on a the search engines - but I was wondering if anyone here could point me in another direction?

I am essentially seeking a Customer Service Manager position in the mining, energy and resources industry so I can grow my knowledge of Occupational Health within this sector and then, at a later date (when I have the funds), to undertake a Cert IV and a diploma / degree.

Any advice, links or knowledge of any current positions who are willing to sponsor would be greatly appreciated!!!

Many Thanks in advance - you could well be changing my life...for the better!!! :biggrin:

The first thing to do is check that your occupation is on either the SOL or CSOL list - it must be on one of them to get sponsorship.

Then you need to think about why you would be a better candidate than a local - ie, why should a company go down the route of sponsoring you instead of hiring a local and tailor your CV and applications accordingly. For example, you say you have occupational health management experience. How much, what qualifacations? Without the later, your not going to get a lot of success

Then you need to research your occupation against what employers use it. Your post is a bit confusing. You say you are looking at customer service manager, but are looking at mining energy and resources. Why? Having spent my career in mining and resources, i have never seen a customer service manager in any of the companies i have worked for.

Finaly, you might want to think about the sectors you are looking at. Mining / resources have been in a significant downturn for over a year now and lots of staff have been made redundant, so your applying for jobs in a sector that isnt hiring much and against candidates with experience in the sector. The oil and gas sector is doing well, but they are notorious for hiring only health and safety people with either experience in the industry or exceptional qualifacations.

Guest Hoppers1982
The first thing to do is check that your occupation is on either the SOL or CSOL list - it must be on one of them to get sponsorship.

Then you need to think about why you would be a better candidate than a local - ie, why should a company go down the route of sponsoring you instead of hiring a local and tailor your CV and applications accordingly. For example, you say you have occupational health management experience. How much, what qualifacations? Without the later, your not going to get a lot of success

Then you need to research your occupation against what employers use it. Your post is a bit confusing. You say you are looking at customer service manager, but are looking at mining energy and resources. Why? Having spent my career in mining and resources, i have never seen a customer service manager in any of the companies i have worked for.

Finaly, you might want to think about the sectors you are looking at. Mining / resources have been in a significant downturn for over a year now and lots of staff have been made redundant, so your applying for jobs in a sector that isnt hiring much and against candidates with experience in the sector. The oil and gas sector is doing well, but they are notorious for hiring only health and safety people with either experience in the industry or exceptional qualifacations.

Yes, the CSM is on the skills list - I have done all the research required. I know people that have been hired on a sponsorship - in many role including a CSM. I don't need to ask the questions of why people should hire me as I know I have the skills...I just need to find a company that sponsors.

I mentioned the mining / resources industry as this is a sector I'm interested in but essentially I'm just looking for a CSM sponsorship...in ANY industry.