baggage allowance

ochilgal

As far as I'm aware, Emirates don't offer a migrant baggage allowance, they do have 30kg as standard however?

Singapore airlines, Qantas and Cathay pacific offer a migrant baggage upgrade is you've a a permanent resident unvalidated visa.

Emirates do have a promotion with ANZ (http://www.anz.com/unitedkingdom/en/personal/moving-new-zealand/anz-associates/) where is you open a bank account with ANZ before you move, then you can book with emirates and get up to 45kg, but I guess if you've already booked, then that option won't be available to you.

No harm in emailing Emirates and asking.

Nope they don't. I rang them today as our flights have just been booked for Thursday (yikes!) and they don't offer an increase. Just 30kg plus 7kg hand luggage. They don't automatically give children a childrens meal either in case you have kids, need to ring and request one

Hi Flatpack,

As long as you can prove you have unvalidated PR visas Singapore will give you double (40kg).

They don't advertise it so once you've booked you need to email them with your booking reference. They'll ask for a copy of the visa grant and they'll confirm the allowance by email. You need to take a copy of their email plus your grant letter with you when you check in.

N

we got a quote from IMO the other day, they gave us a price of £650 pp with 40 kilo luggage per person and thats from london with Malaysia airlines, I believe their standard baggage is 30 kilo anyway. didnt book though as I can get a flight from edinburgh-london-KL-perth for just under £600

We're looking to book our tickets now for next August. Singapore are a lot cheaper than Emirates, do you know how much extra they give you?

We recently booked with Singapore and requested extra baggage allowance as we had an un-validated visa. We were told that the allowance to Australia has increased to 30kg and that was doubled so we have 60kg each.

We recently booked with Singapore and requested extra baggage allowance as we had an un-validated visa. We were told that the allowance to Australia has increased to 30kg and that was doubled so we have 60kg each.

At £600 each they are the cheapest I can find and with that baggage allowance I might not need a move cube :wink:

where are you flying from flatpack? we are dying to book flights too but trying to decide on exact date to go...

Flying from Manchester, we will have a stop in Munich but it's still only 22hrs in total. Exact date is inconsequential to us, we have a 3 week window and as far as I'm concerned the sooner the better!

Hi Kaz,

Are you flying Business Class? Just looked at the website and it still shows Economy standard allowance as 20kg with Business being 30kg? Did they say when the change was effective?

Hi Kaz,

Are you flying Business Class? Just looked at the website and it still shows Economy standard allowance as 20kg with Business being 30kg? Did they say when the change was effective?

We have booked with Singapore for December, family of 4 on 457. It still says 20kg on the website but we have 30kg printed on our tickets

We are in economy, we booked thinking it was 20kg because of the site info but then was told that certain destinations were increased. We emailed to enquire about double allowance but didn't get a reply so my OH phoned the UK reservation number and all was sorted very quickly. We had to send our booking details and a copy of the PR visa. This was done 3 weeks after we booked the tickets. Its worth giving them a call.

THANK YOU KAZG! (AND PERTH POMS FOR BEING SUCH A FAB SITE!!)

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Singapore Airlines have confirmed that the baggage allowance is changing to 30kg for travel on or after 15th November 2013. Therefore any double allowance increase to 60kg!! :jiggy:

Without the information sharing that goes on on here I wouldn't be aware of this and would've turned up with my 40kg (and probably been a bit hacked off when I found out I could've had more!)

So Thank You!!!

Went to book the flights on Saturday but the guy we see was off watching the Rugby. It's not too important that we book now but something we'd like to get out of the way. Whilst we were in the Travel Agents the conversation got to baggage allowances.

If we can take 60kgs and each bag cannot weigh more than 25 kilos, that's 3 suitcases each. How the hell am I going to put 9 suitcases on a trolley in the airport? We won't be able to use 2 trolleys as we have a toddler who'll need her mums 100% attention.

• 1 month later...