MARA agents

kirsty81

Hi there folks

I am based in Glasgow and looking for an agent, preferable one by the hour. I have done IELTs, skills assessment etc on my own. Found out I have passed my skills assessment by AIMS which I am in shock about but so happy. Seems scary that i can actually progress now!

I can apply for a 189 visa and my partner will be on as a de facto. Does he need to sit the IELTS exam and by looking at the immi website, I do not require a police check as I am applying outside Oz, is this correct?

thank you

Kirsty

Edited by kirsty81

If you want a (MARA registered) agent you can actually speak to face to face, then as far as I know, there's only two in Scotland. Darren Chat and Richard Gregan.

I don't know anything about Darren Chatt but I've heard of Richard Gregan (owner/director of Overseas Emigration in Edingburgh - http://www.overseas-emigration.co.uk/), he's an occasional poster on our sister site - www.pomsinoz.com

I've seen him recommended quite a few times and have never read anything negative about the company.

If meeting in person isn't required, then there's numerous agents further afield who often get recommended - Alan Collett @ Go Matila, George Lombard Consultancy etc.

I can apply for a 189 visa and my partner will be on as a de facto. Does he need to sit the IELTS exam and by looking at the immi website, I do not require a police check as I am applying outside Oz, is this correct?

Hello, my wife was the main applicant on our 189 visa and only she had to sit the IELTS test. In terms of police check, all applicants need to have a police check - you are not exempt as you are applying outside Australia.

Good luck with your visa application!

If you got through the skills assessment by yourself, then you are most likely quite capable of preparing and lodging your visa application. You seem unsure about a couple of things though so perhaps it would be a good idea to book a one hour consultation with a Registered Agent to go over your application before you lodge it. Take your skills assessment and all of your required documents with you and ask the Agent to certify them. He will be able to give you advice about what is required and at what stage. You have already saved yourself a mountain of money so spending £100 or so to put your mind at rest and keep you on the right track would be worth it.

You have Visa-Go Emigration (http://www.visa-go.com) and OE Visas (http://www.overseas-emigration.co.uk) based in Edinburgh. Contact them both by email to ask if they provide this service and what the cost would be. Good luck.