daily commute into perth ??

arls

Hi all just joined this today,

Hoping to be out in Perth this september, hubby has a few contacts for work already but I've always worked in the banking or the insurance industry here in the uk, mainly in callcentres does anyone know if would I need to travel to Perth city for this type of work, we're hoping to settle in Secret Harbour area.

Any help would be great thanks

Edited by arls

Welcome arls,

You will find most corporate call centres are based in Sydney or Melbourne unless the company is traditionally West Aussie.

The commute from Secret Harbour to CBD is what I do for now and it's between an hour and hour and a half drive or 45 mins by train once you have got to Warnbro station 10 mins from SH.

Thanks Chardy, that really helps are the trains quite reliable, I would imagine them being rather busy and as well, how long have you been in secret harbour ? Are you enjoying it there ? We have family there and in Singleton just wasn't sure if we would need to go further north to avoid the long commute, although my 2 kids will be high school I don't want to be away from them too long.

Thanks Chardy, that really helps are the trains quite reliable, I would imagine them being rather busy and as well, how long have you been in secret harbour ? Are you enjoying it there ? We have family there and in Singleton just wasn't sure if we would need to go further north to avoid the long commute, although my 2 kids will be high school I don't want to be away from them too long.

Trains are pretty good and getting on at Warnbro should get you a seat as it's the next stop up from Mandurah where the line starts/ends.

We have been in SH for a month after our lease ended in Lakelands and we will move to Baldivis in March once the house is finished.

It's pretty good here and we are a 2 minute cycle to the beach where the surf life saving club are so nice and safe !

The shops are OK as have the essentials (but could do with more shops and restaurants) plus the pub is really nice.

Further North will shorten your commute but then it will up your housing costs so a bit of a balance to consider.

Guest guest9824
Hi all just joined this today,

Hoping to be out in Perth this september, hubby has a few contacts for work already but I've always worked in the banking or the insurance industry here in the uk, mainly in callcentres does anyone know if would I need to travel to Perth city for this type of work, we're hoping to settle in Secret Harbour area.

Any help would be great thanks

Hi Arls, I'm looking for similar work, found that bankwest has a call centre in the city and places like Western Power..hope that helps.

pea