previous work experience evidence help - Previous employer ceased trading :-/

LancashireLass

We've been accepted for WA SS this week (489 state sponsored) yeah!

Started filling in the visa application and are now worried if we've got enough evidence to support previous work experience.

My OH is a self employed electrician (since July 2010) and have plenty of evidence to show for this, accounts, invoices etc. We are claiming points for 5 years experience (qualified July 2008) and the problem being he only has 1 document from his employer before then (employed from Jan 2007) which is a reference but no wage slips and that company ceased trading 2 or 3 years ago.

We sent that reference letter along with all his self employment evidence to Vetassess which was fine but we're worried it won't be enough evidence for DIAC showing employment from when he qualified in 2008 until he started his business in 2010. Obviously he has his certificates but do you think we should just upload what we sent to Vetassess and see what happens or try to obtain more evidence? But how do we do that when the company no longer exists?!

I'm by no means an expert but if he has passed vetasses do you not just upload that certificate for your proof of work experience? my oh is an accountant and has assessment done by his professional body australoan counterpart and then we uploaded that as evidence. as I say I'm no expert and have had a couple of large reds tonight! but good luck xxx

I'm by no means an expert but if he has passed vetasses do you not just upload that certificate for your proof of work experience? my oh is an accountant and has assessment done by his professional body australoan counterpart and then we uploaded that as evidence. as I say I'm no expert and have had a couple of large reds tonight! but good luck xxx

Yeah will definitely upload his Vetassess certificate, just want to get everything spot on and worry about nothing sometimes! DIAC ask for quite a lot of info on work experience which we are short on from 2008-2010 :confused:

I uploaded everything to DIAC that I had uploaded to VETASSESS, just thought that they couldn't have enough. Maybe write a note to say the company has gone bust, can HMRC help with any tax docs for that period. They were quite helpful when I got in touch (I was pleasantly surprised)

Good idea! I wonder if the HMRC are open tomorrow morning?! I suppose if we can get hold of tax docs for 2008-2010 along with the reference letter we'll be fine :wacko:

We only sent around 5 years worth of evidence to TRA for the skills assessment but when we did the EOI we claimed points for 8 out of 10 years work experience. We then had to attach evidence going back that far which was a mission! the first 5 years were ok but after that we struggled. We got a letter from HMRC to show tax paid and one from National Insurance, although in our case they didn't specify the employer names but we used them anyway. I was then lucky to find some evidence in emails from years ago. Have you looked at bank statements (easier if you have online banking)? they go back a few years so if you can find any payments over the right period of time, print and circle them to prove he was being paid. I also did a statutory declaration to say hubby had worked at certain places but was unable to contact them as they were not trading anymore.

We only sent around 5 years worth of evidence to TRA for the skills assessment but when we did the EOI we claimed points for 8 out of 10 years work experience. We then had to attach evidence going back that far which was a mission! the first 5 years were ok but after that we struggled. We got a letter from HMRC to show tax paid and one from National Insurance, although in our case they didn't specify the employer names but we used them anyway. I was then lucky to find some evidence in emails from years ago. Have you looked at bank statements (easier if you have online banking)? they go back a few years so if you can find any payments over the right period of time, print and circle them to prove he was being paid. I also did a statutory declaration to say hubby had worked at certain places but was unable to contact them as they were not trading anymore.

How did you do a statutory declaration? We're only claiming for 5 years work experience thank god! Hoping the tax office can help, can't believe he's no wage slips, tax or national insurance from 2008-2010!! I've got wage slips going back 10 years LOL. I won't sleep until we get in contact with HMRC :-/

'Statutory declaration' is a form that you search for on the immi site. It is a semi blank sheet that you print off to make a declaration on and get witnessed by someone. Basically you are making a promise that you are telling the truth about something. We did one to say we could only get limited evidence from a company as they had been taken over and had limited records on OH.

We were in the same boat, my oh wrote out the company's name, address, phone number as normal and declared the business wasn't trading anymore, and then signed it in Garda station & then the ban Garda signed, put her Garda number on it,dated it & stamped it we also had to add in station address and phone number, hope this helps.