Electrical Workers: any jobs?

Hayles

Hi

just wanted to ask if anyone in this trade has been able to find work on a supervised license.

Were just at the start of the process and getting a lot of doom and gloom with guys trying to get supervised jobs so they can work towards their license.

If anyone has any experience it would've great to hear from you?

Thanks

:)

Hi

just wanted to ask if anyone in this trade has been able to find work on a supervised license.

Were just at the start of the process and getting a lot of doom and gloom with guys trying to get supervised jobs so they can work towards their license.

If anyone has any experience it would've great to hear from you?

Thanks

:)

theres an abundance of work here! im a plumber, been here 7 weeks had 3 interviews set up for the first week only one of them to do with plumbing the other 2 were mechanical type jobs where the plumbing skills and experience were transferable. haven't did my gap training yet, due to do it end of march. know a couple of guys in the lecky trade and have spoken to people, you've got to be flexible and put yourself out there. im lookin at getting my restricted electrical licence once ive got my plumbing licence as there are a few jobs askin for it. double the amount of work here for sparks as there is plumbing.

al the best.

Hi Dave, I'm a plumber been here 4 weeks only just really started looking for work due to finding a place to live and just enjoying perth abit . I'm booked on a challenger college on 21st of feb for hand skills test and poss end of March for gap training 2 weeks , if the course goes ahead. Where are you staying ? Also did you sign up with agents to get interviews for plumbing work or just phoning companies? May meet you at college if you're on the same course.

All the best

Scott.

Most jobs for electricians that are advertised require the A grade licence . We have been here 8 months and oh was lucky to pick up a job after about 35 applications. Still in process of obtaining licence as you need 1000 hours work signed off do a comms course then sit the final assessment after a another 4 day course !

Good luck