Jobs for Mechanical Technician s

Mark Beesley

Visa is pending. Should have it in a month or 2. Just trying to get the bigger picture? As we won't be going until I can secure a job as I have a young family. Thanx

Hi mark,

you would really need to be out here mate so as you can have an interview or if you can arrange Skype interview good luck. seek is good as is google search.

are you coming on a pr visa then I take it, as some employers ask just to be sure your gona be around.

been here 7 weeks mate and nearly pulled the plug closer to the time but ye just have to make the jump and you will get work if your not too fussy.

All the best

davy

I have 11 years in the engineering industry so still new to the game I suppose. Yeah am getting a pr visa. I imagine its a case of standing out more from everyone else? What is it that you do Dave? I was in perth this time last year for a wedding and kind of fell in love the place and lifestyle. Does anyone know the demand for engineers out there? Thanx

Hi Mark. Just wondering when you say Mechanical Technician involved in the engineering industry, what you are specifically looking at? Is it CAD design you do? If that is what you do, then you would be well advised to stay put and enjoy the rain, because the market here is not just dead, it's been cremated and put in a vessel and sent towards the centre of the earth. I've heard of too many guys packing up and heading for the UK given the current bouyant state of the market. I'm not far away from doing the same if my current role comes to an end as predicted.

Hi, I can do 2d and 3d cad design and am qualified in it. But my job back here is cnc lathes, millers, fitting ,servicing, electrical and the odd bit of welding. I did an advanced apprenticeship in Mechanical engineering. I only used the term mechanical technician because thats what my skills went in as. What is it you do? I have looked at seek and other job websites there seems to be a lot.

Hi, I can do 2d and 3d cad design and am qualified in it. But my job back here is cnc lathes, millers, fitting ,servicing, electrical and the odd bit of welding. I did an advanced apprenticeship in Mechanical engineering. I only used the term mechanical technician because thats what my skills went in as. What is it you do? I have looked at seek and other job websites there seems to be a lot.

I have two friends who both work in CNC roles (of some sort - machinists/turner possibly), both went door knocking when they arrived and within 3 days had job offers/trial. That was approximately 18 months ago and the market was probably a little more buoyant back then mind you. Both were only on WHV and received sponsorship on 457's from the company. One of them has been there since and is looking to transit to PR soon. The other was unfortunately let go due to a lack of work but his boss found him another job the same afternoon he was let go.

Make of that what you will mate, they've probably landed very lucky with their job/employer but in my opinion there's still very much work out here. I feel there's a bit of scaremongering on the forums at times, which is understandable as many think they can just come out and walk into a job which isn't the case. But in my opinion there's work out here for the right skillset and I would say you have that.

Good Luck anyway mate.

Hi Mark, I am a Senior Piping/Mech Designer. I had 4 months out of work last year and it looks like I will be out of work again from next month. Some other designers I know have just had enough of being able to find jobs here and are or have moved O/S to either Asia or the UK. It does look like there are a few jobs for Mechanical Technicians advertised on Seek, but I would think given the current market, you would need to be here before you will get a job.