'Gemini' Braces... From Uk to Perth?!!

Osmond8

Hi all,

we have recently moved over and trying to look for an orthodontics to carry on my daughters treatment. problem is... I can't seem to find an orthodontics here who uses the gemini system?..... Has anyone else struggled with this? Apparently the alternative is to have her current braces removed and have new ones put on...... Which means shedding out $$$$$$$$!!!!

Thanks in advance!

amy x

Hi all,

we have recently moved over and trying to look for an orthodontics to carry on my daughters treatment. problem is... I can't seem to find an orthodontics here who uses the gemini system?..... Has anyone else struggled with this? Apparently the alternative is to have her current braces removed and have new ones put on...... Which means shedding out $$$$$$$$!!!!

Thanks in advance!

amy x

Not sure where you are but if you are near Joondalup call Profile Orthodontics. Not sure if they will be able to help but they are a fantastic practice and will give good advice.

Guest guest9824
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

amy x

Hi Amy, hope all is going well and that you are settling and enjoying life here. I can't say as I even know what system my two girls have, what it's called. I would however say that my eldests ortho would be very reluctant to carry on a treatment using a system not potentially used here nor fitted here. I could sort of understand that, as if anything goes wrong with the braces, it would be hard to establish who would be at fault and when, and as it is quite an expensive business here, I'm guessing most orthodontist will want you to sign on from scratch with them so they get their big dosh payout from you, hopefully you may find some kind sole who will help you and not charge you the earth or try to make you start from scratch with their chosen system. Another tip would be if you have more children, then get a really good private medical/ dental plan in place, it's saved us thousands...Good luck

peax

I can kind of support what peanuts said. My son was half way through his treatment and we moved to Japan for a year. We found an American trained orthodontist in Tokyo who looked at the braces and shook his head in despair and said they were old fashioned and had to come off and the dentist's own system put on. Luckily OH company paid for it. After the year my son still hadn't finished so we went back to the original orthodontist in Perth who shook his head in despair and said they were old fashioned and had to come off! Changed again - but at reduced cost as we were a previous patient. They basically want to use their own system, take new molds/pictures etc which in a way I can understand. I googled gemini braces and the photos look exactly like my son's braces - he went to John Stamatis - http://www.booragoonortho.com.au/Office-Info/About-the-Doctors.aspx Might be worth a call.

Guest guest9824
I can kind of support what peanuts said. My son was half way through his treatment and we moved to Japan for a year. We found an American trained orthodontist in Tokyo who looked at the braces and shook his head in despair and said they were old fashioned and had to come off and the dentist's own system put on. Luckily OH company paid for it. After the year my son still hadn't finished so we went back to the original orthodontist in Perth who shook his head in despair and said they were old fashioned and had to come off! Changed again - but at reduced cost as we were a previous patient. They basically want to use their own system, take new molds/pictures etc which in a way I can understand. I googled gemini braces and the photos look exactly like my son's braces - he went to John Stamatis - http://www.booragoonortho.com.au/Office-Info/About-the-Doctors.aspx Might be worth a call.

Same as us Scot, Stamatis has an excellent reputation.

• 6 months later...
Hi I don't suppose anyone knows a orthdontist who treats braces with victory brackets having recently moved over from the uk I'm struggling to find a orthodontist to treat my daughter who only has a few months left of treatment?

It it will be cheaper to go back to the UK, have them removed courtesy of the NHS for free and say hello to your folks, otherwise you will just end up paying a shed load to have them removed :biglaugh:

Hi I don't suppose anyone knows a orthdontist who treats braces with victory brackets having recently moved over from the uk I'm struggling to find a orthodontist to treat my daughter who only has a few months left of treatment?

Hi SueBotham,

Try Dr Gary huang...he has a few different offices but we see him at the one on St Georges Terrace in The city. His contact number is 1300 1 67846 .... He was the only orthodontist that i could find to take on my daughters care, he seems to go by the bracket size and not the 'type' definitely worth a try! Also, i consider his fees reasonable too....very happy indeed :)

Good luck!

Amy x