Fantasy homes

The first one looks like it started off as a couple of portacabins! Although stunning views from every window, I agree too many straight lines and sharp edges.

The second one..well... just why? ...

And now for something completely different...

I'm not sure about this. Amazing location and views but it's all a bit hard edges for me I think

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-margaret+river-113461791

and this one is just bonkers

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-livestock-wa-esperance-7591835

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now for something completely different...

I'm not sure about this. Amazing location and views but it's all a bit hard edges for me I think

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-margaret+river-113461791

and this one is just bonkers

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-livestock-wa-esperance-7591835

maybe they are just mega homesick?!!!....... I mean, why else would you have stonehenge in your back garden?!!!! ...... Madness!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
If I won some money on Lotto, I would buy this business, and make and bake all day long til my hearts content......have loved this beauty for a while now....any secret millionaires out there..hmmmmm????

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-gooseberry+hill-115046423

That's awesome, Pea, I remember you posting that once before. Was it taken off the market for a while? Lots of potential there. Needs bringing up to date a little I think but a $120k income from a 48% occupancy seems good.

We just had 16 people view our place on the first day it was opened up and a good offer £5k under the asking price so that was a pretty good birthday present yesterday. Yes, you forgot again but I forgive you :wink:

Guest guest9824
That's awesome, Pea, I remember you posting that once before. Was it taken off the market for a while? Lots of potential there. Needs bringing up to date a little I think but a $120k income from a 48% occupancy seems good.

We just had 16 people view our place on the first day it was opened up and a good offer £5k under the asking price so that was a pretty good birthday present yesterday. Yes, you forgot again but I forgive you :wink:

HAPPPYYYYYYY BELATED BIRTHDAY PORTY.....Sooooorrryyyyyy! .......wowwwww is this the house in the UK, you are selling? Does this mean you are putting down some proper roots?? Nayyyyyyyy....not theee.....reallyyy.?

I love Possum Creek so much it hurts Porty, and it's been on the market all that time, offers were over 2 mill originally. It does need a bit of updating, but the potential is huge, I was thinking of B and B plus the option of an evening meal, with the singing chef, lol.....(that's me)lol....just have to find someone with a pot of gold now....hooooohummmmm

JasonM

We are in Scarborough (Perth, not UK) and have just started to look and in and around this area and three bedrooms go between $600 - $700, and that's with no theatre room or extra family room, one did have a tiny swimming pool in the front but the bedrooms were tiny. It really depends on what area you want to live in.

Porty, happy belated Birthday too.

HAPPPYYYYYYY BELATED BIRTHDAY PORTY.....Sooooorrryyyyyy! .......wowwwww is this the house in the UK, you are selling? Does this mean you are putting down some proper roots?? Nayyyyyyyy....not theee.....reallyyy.?

I love Possum Creek so much it hurts Porty, and it's been on the market all that time, offers were over 2 mill originally. It does need a bit of updating, but the potential is huge, I was thinking of B and B plus the option of an evening meal, with the singing chef, lol.....(that's me)lol....just have to find someone with a pot of gold now....hooooohummmmm

B&B would be great but I'd be inclined to look into expanding into afternoon teas. Let's face it, you'd have to beat people away with a poohey stick if you served up that Bakewell Tart. You could bake scones and make clotted cream and still do B&B's.

As for the house, yep, decided to sell up and if we don't get PR we know we'll not have that easy route back to the UK, we'll have to go travelling and see where life finds us.

Guest guest9824
B&B would be great but I'd be inclined to look into expanding into afternoon teas. Let's face it, you'd have to beat people away with a poohey stick if you served up that Bakewell Tart. You could bake scones and make clotted cream and still do B&B's.

As for the house, yep, decided to sell up and if we don't get PR we know we'll not have that easy route back to the UK, we'll have to go travelling and see where life finds us.

Great idea, afternoon tea with the possums! How do you clot cream (seriously)? Do you just beat it within an inch of its life til it becomes almost butter? Thanks for that Porty making me dream even more about my Lodge!

Hope the sale goes through, and like you say, no going back now.......:)

After turning forty, you do tend to forget birthdays....so long as you had a good day!

Guest guest9824
Lovely place Pea, sounds like a lovely lifestyle change.

To make clotted cream I think (although never done it) you boil the double cream on a very low heat until all that is left is the thick clotted cream as all the water has evaporated.

Thanks Nikkiwd. For all the clotted cream fans out there, you can't get it here, or at least I haven't seen it. So guess what I may spend my weekend doing....boiling cream me thinks....thanks again Nikkiwd :)

Guest guest9824
maybe double check on google Pea in case I just dreamed that's how you make clotted cream!

:laugh:....it will end up cream 'something' Nikki...lol

i will google...thank goodness for google hey!

Great idea, afternoon tea with the possums! How do you clot cream (seriously)? Do you just beat it within an inch of its life til it becomes almost butter? Thanks for that Porty making me dream even more about my Lodge!

Hope the sale goes through, and like you say, no going back now.......:)

After turning forty, you do tend to forget birthdays....so long as you had a good day!

I can make a mean scone- if you need a partner!

in fact one of my friends said "what am I going to do without your scones?" when she found out our plans!

only prob is I don't have a mill in my back pocket to help purchase possum creek :-(

Guest guest9824
I can make a mean scone- if you need a partner!

in fact one of my friends said "what am I going to do without your scones?" when she found out our plans!

only prob is I don't have a mill in my back pocket to help purchase possum creek :-(

...check toms back pockets bean....:biggrin:

Lovely place Pea, sounds like a lovely lifestyle change.

To make clotted cream I think (although never done it) you boil the double cream on a very low heat until all that is left is the thick clotted cream as all the water has evaporated.

Nikki- have you seen the post on unanswered threads asking for a chef?......

I did bean, I replied on POI saying that we weren't there yet and she pm'd me asking for hubbys cv saying they might have something when he gets there. Its funny as it was on the same day our friend in Perth said he has a contact who was also looking for a chef. 2 doors opening and he isn't even actively looking yet!

I'd buy this - http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-cooktown-106638929 Been up for sale for a couple of years now and we always said we buy it if we had the money. Been to Cooktown many times, one of our favourite places.

The house isn't spectacular, but it's position is. Located at the top of grassy hill, overlooking the Endeavour River and Bay at Cooktown - so named after Captain James Cook harboured there for several weeks in 1770 to carry out repairs to his ship - the Endeavour.

I'd buy this - http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-cooktown-106638929 Been up for sale for a couple of years now and we always said we buy it if we had the money. Been to Cooktown many times, one of our favourite places.

The house isn't spectacular, but it's position is. Located at the top of grassy hill, overlooking the Endeavour River and Bay at Cooktown - so named after Captain James Cook harboured there for several weeks in 1770 to carry out repairs to his ship - the Endeavour.

Yep, I'm with you on that one, I'd move in tomorrow and quite happily spend the rest of my days there, it's beautiful.