Uk Modem - Oz Modem

aligard

Honestly? "Depends".

If your broadband type in the UK, happens to be the same time you get in your area on Perth, then yes.

But there are several different types (even ASDL and ASDL2 are often not compatible), and when you sign up you usually get a free modem with WiFi connectivity anyway from the internet supplier.

Then you'll need to use an adaptor for the power too, which makes any install ugly and awkward.

They honestly are not expensive any more. I'd flog it there, and buy (or get given one) here.

• 2 weeks later...
I brought my BT Home hub, it doesn't work :arghh: But reading up on Netgear etc modems, they should work, don't know why BT one doesn't, maybe it's unique to BT, sort of locked to BT

Probably need to re-flash it to use it on a non-BT line. I had to do that a few years back in the UK.

Or it's an ASDL modem, on an ASDL2/ASDL2+/ASDL4 line .. or any variation of them. There are about a dozen standards, and often not compatible with each other.

Modems are so cheap now, they are really disposable. Bin it, buy one that works.

Probably need to re-flash it to use it on a non-BT line. I had to do that a few years back in the UK.

Or it's an ASDL modem, on an ASDL2/ASDL2+/ASDL4 line .. or any variation of them. There are about a dozen standards, and often not compatible with each other.

Modems are so cheap now, they are really disposable. Bin it, buy one that works.

Its been in the bin for a long time now, we gave up with adsl & moved over to vivid & have a vivid home hub :cool: