Best and worst of your suburb??

We are probably the odd ones here, but we live in Roleystone in the hills.

We love it up here (I grew up in Roleystone before my backpacking trip to the UK…. 11 years later we came home). The block's are big compared to most other suburbs. We have 3/4 acre plot with lots of bush for the boys and dog to play in.

1493237_10202867397040048_8645221697766693359_n.jpg

The school is good, yes only get one to choose from unless you go private and then need to travel. It does Kindy to Year 10 then for final two years you need to go to Kelmscott SHS or Lesmurdie SHS. Both of these SHS would not be on the list of schools that PP would look at as they are not elite schools, but me and my friends went to them and we all turned out well with good a education.

Not far into Perth, took 35 minutes to get to PMH yesterday afternoon for an appointment. Not far from hubbys work in Jandakot.

We are not beach people so being close to the beach was never one of our things, but it is only 40 -45 minutes to Fremantle or Rockingham from here.

Local shops are great. I do the bulk of my shopping there and very rarely venture out to the big Coles or Woolies. It costs a bit more, but I prefer to shop locally.

We have a market 4 times a year. https://www.facebook.com/RoleystoneMarkets They are great and lots of different stalls. I have one selling handmade children's clothes. The market is getting bigger each time.

Sporting clubs, we have many… football(afl), tee ball, baseball, basketball, netball. They do karate, gymnastics and ballet in the local hall. We have a local gym as well.

It is a quiet lifestyle where the kids can play out safely and ride their bikes safely on our quiet cul-de-sac without getting hit by cars.

Thanks Rossmoyne, is south generally better than north? Sounds a bit like the UK divide lol

Well it is what you want it to be I guess. I have lived south of the river for 23 plus years and love it as I am so close to the river and enjoy my daily walks around it. I have friends who live north of the river because they prefer that and their closeness to the beach. It is so personal and also where you work has a bearing on where you live. All I can say is have a good look around and try out areas by renting if you have to.....