Furniture in container

AliB

Hi currently looking at containers, prices and what items to take. Has anyone taken cane furniture with them in a container. We have our conservatory furniture but have heard its best not to take! Any previous experience and advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I listened to everyone regarding wicker and cane and gave most of it away. however the packers were different they packed my conservatory settee, chair and table and we had no problems with customs whatsoever. We wished we hadn't given other stuff away now.We were honest on what was new and boxed that we brought over and paid the tax, we unboxed and unwrapped loads too. This could have helped, he could have been a very nice customs officer, it could have been a busy day, who knows but we had no problems.

We used this guy called Chris (found on Gumtree) to move our office and he seems very reasonable with the pricing. When we last used him, his pricing was $90/hr and $70 if you do not need his assistant to come with. My husband helped him move and we paid just $280 for the four hours worth of work. Other movers are ridiculously overpriced.

Edited by lara
wrong calculations