Sea Fishing/Beach casting

Steely

A quick shout out to see if there are any sea/beach fishing people on here.

I have just sold my UK kit, as I was told the equipment is different in Australia, so is there any decent web sites I can start looking at to get myself up and running for when we arrive?

Any advice/clubs in Perth?

I have just sold my UK kit, as I was told the equipment is different in Australia, so is there any decent web sites I can start looking at to get myself up and running for when we arrive?

I was a member of Ocean Reef Sea Sports Club for many years. They have an angling section with both boat and beach fishing groups. Would recommend joining, lots of events and opportunities to make friends. Try http://www.bcf.com.au/ as a starting point.

What did you do in the UK? Shame as you may have been able to use it, assuming it wasn't carp fishing. I did beach and river fishing. Crabbing can also be good. Been awhile since I've been in WA, but I'm assuming it hasn't changed much.

What did you do in the UK? Shame as you may have been able to use it, assuming it wasn't carp fishing. I did beach and river fishing. Crabbing can also be good. Been awhile since I've been in WA, but I'm assuming it hasn't changed much.

I fished from the beach mainly, (East Coast mainly) and given the strict rules on how clean items need to be when moving to Oz, I decided easier to sell, (I had far to much anyway) and buy again, but this time, just what I need, as opposed to a garage full of stuff.

I fished from the beach mainly, (East Coast mainly) and given the strict rules on how clean items need to be when moving to Oz, I decided easier to sell, (I had far to much anyway) and buy again, but this time, just what I need, as opposed to a garage full of stuff.

I mainly fished in the swan, tailor flathead flounder cobbler etc. I did some beach fishing. Main problem with WA fishing is its so popular its hard to find a good spot. Used to crab in Matilda bay. Crabs are lovely. I miss it. I have beach fished in the UK around Shoreham, but just for fun. Going for a visit to perth in march so I'll have to arrange something with my brothers as my boys want to go fishing.