To return or not return....

vonnyb

Ok so we moved to Perth on a 457 sponsorship on 1st November 2013. Our eldest daughter went back to the UK for a visit & came back to us pregnant. After much deliberation & heartache we decided to go back to the UK to help Beth receive the support she needed to raise a baby at just 17 years old herself & to give the baby's dad an opportunity to be there for his child. She has now had a beautiful girl Lola who will be 1 year old on Saturday & whilst my daughter is not with baby's dad they remain friends and Lola has both of them in her life. Sadly my husband has really struggled with the return to UK. It's been the hardest 18 months of our lives & we can't seem to let go of the opportunity we lost so short into our adventure. Whilst I know that returning was the right decision for our daughter Beth I just don't feel it was the right decision for the rest of us. Trouble is I know now that if we chose to return (we have two other children Mia 11 yrs & Harry 6 yrs) I know that I would have to leave Beth & Lola behind & that is something I'm not sure I can do. Has anyone else been in the situation where they've had to leave a grown up child behind?

Any thoughts welcomed!

:arghh:

Ok so we moved to Perth on a 457 sponsorship on 1st November 2013. Our eldest daughter went back to the UK for a visit & came back to us pregnant. After much deliberation & heartache we decided to go back to the UK to help Beth receive the support she needed to raise a baby at just 17 years old herself & to give the baby's dad an opportunity to be there for his child. She has now had a beautiful girl Lola who will be 1 year old on Saturday & whilst my daughter is not with baby's dad they remain friends and Lola has both of them in her life. Sadly my husband has really struggled with the return to UK. It's been the hardest 18 months of our lives & we can't seem to let go of the opportunity we lost so short into our adventure. Whilst I know that returning was the right decision for our daughter Beth I just don't feel it was the right decision for the rest of us. Trouble is I know now that if we chose to return (we have two other children Mia 11 yrs & Harry 6 yrs) I know that I would have to leave Beth & Lola behind & that is something I'm not sure I can do. Has anyone else been in the situation where they've had to leave a grown up child behind?

Any thoughts welcomed!

:arghh:

Hi VonnyB,

I know exactly what you are going through.

We moved over to Oz back in 2013 and had to come back to the UK 8 months into our new adventure.

Like yourself I feel like we have unfinished business and we are returning back to Perth to give it another go but like yourself I will be leaving my daughter behind with two grandchildren. We originally had our flights booked for January 2016 but because she is pregnant we have postponed things until she has had the baby.

We feel so guilty leaving her and the grandchildren it makes me feel sick but the thought of not going back to Australia and not fulfilling what we intended to do back in 2013 saddens me deeply.

It's such a difficult decision to make.

Oh Gosh Vonny - what a dilemma for you and I really wouldn't know what to advise - either way you're going to be feeling a bit torn. Whilst I know your daughter won't be able to migrate with you, can she/you afford for her to come out on holidays? At least that way you're not going to feel totally cut off.

Hi VonnyB,

I know exactly what you are going through.

We moved over to Oz back in 2013 and had to come back to the UK 8 months into our new adventure.

Like yourself I feel like we have unfinished business and we are returning back to Perth to give it another go but like yourself I will be leaving my daughter behind with two grandchildren. We originally had our flights booked for January 2016 but because she is pregnant we have postponed things until she has had the baby.

We feel so guilty leaving her and the grandchildren it makes me feel sick but the thought of not going back to Australia and not fulfilling what we intended to do back in 2013 saddens me deeply.

It's such a difficult decision to make.

thank you for your input Rachelk do you have other children or just the daughter & two grandchildren? What made you return so early into your journey?

thank you for your input Rachelk do you have other children or just the daughter & two grandchildren? What made you return so early into your journey?

Hi Vonny,

We had to come back to the UK for family reasons. I have another daughter who is 20 and she is looking forward to going back to Australia but I also have a 17 year old son who is reluctant to return. Infact at this moment in time he is refusing to come with us.

I'm having to try and persuade him now. This is our last chance to return to Oz as our permanent visa runs out next year.

my husband can obtain sponsorship with the company he worked for previously

Some things to consider.

Does your our husband qualify for permanent residence? If not, what will you do when the 457 ends?

Arr you 100% on getting another 457 - the department are being very strict on these at the moment?