Centerlink proof of immunizations

Lawford Lass

Hi, new to Perth Poms. I know this questions has already been asked but how can I prove to centerlink that my 17 year old has had all his childhood immunizations as they wont except the red book (which I cant find anyway). We have been here for 7 1/2 years. Recently separated and issues with ex meant I have had to re apply for family assistance. I know I only have until the 30th to prove this.

As ridiculous as it sounds, it might be easiest to get him immunised again, if that's possible?

If you can find his red book, take it with you to the doctors and see what they can do. All the info from my kids red books was accepted and transferred to their Australian record, but since they have different schedules in the UK they had to have a couple of extra injections here (hep b I think, and chicken pox). When we arrived I signed an objection form against the chicken pox vaccination (I am pro-vaccination btw, but because they already had natural immunity through contracting the actual virus in England I thought it a waste of time, money, effort and pain).

Since they have changed the rules this year we've had to get the kids vaccinated against chicken pox (eldest is scheduled to have his injection on 30 June!) because they will only accept pathology results as proof of having natural immunity through having had the virus.

As you have such a short timeframe, I suggest that perhaps re-vaccinating might be the only answer. You could always write to your GP in UK and ask for a letter to confirm which vacs your children have had, but it would probably take quite a while to receive an answer. Might be worth doing though as a backup for the future.

• 1 year later...

It is easier to get them redone, our doctors here accepted the red book as proof, but one of my daughter's mmr jabs had not been listed correctly in her book by our uk doctors and it was easier to get the mmr done again and she had to have the hepatitis b vaccination.