What bugs are biting us?

hersbach

I thought it was Hives & caused by an allergy as it is the same as I have had for about 10yrs. Mine starts in the early hours as I'm waking up & I take a Polaramine which takes about half an hour to work. I only get this for a few mornings running & then not for awhile. I did not have allergy tests as it is not there every day & the antihistamine sorts it out. Sometimes I think that waking up feeling warm & overheated might be the cause. Other times I think it might be certain fruit I am allergic to.

I imagine you feel better knowing what is causing it.

I hope you find what is causing this. Have you considered consulting a Naturopath and having allergy tests?

Yes but we need a referral from a GP.. So we have to see the doctor again, pay money, and get a referral to hopefully do skin testing. I heard blood testing is less accurate..

Edited by hersbach

I thought it was Hives & caused by an allergy as it is the same as I have had for about 10yrs. Mine starts in the early hours as I'm waking up & I take a Polaramine which takes about half an hour to work. I only get this for a few mornings running & then not for awhile. I did not have allergy tests as it is not there every day & the antihistamine sorts it out. Sometimes I think that waking up feeling warm & overheated might be the cause. Other times I think it might be certain fruit I am allergic to.

I imagine you feel better knowing what is causing it.

Wait what, you have had chronic hives for over 10 years now?! So it is possible my girlfriend keeps this for the rest of her life...?? Or it is acute hives? And why did you not do any tests to see whats causing it etc. Especially if you have had it for such a long time...

I do not concider my Hives chronic. I can go for weeks & not wake up itching with lumps & bumps or just red patches. Other times it will be on a few mornings running. It would probably last an hour or two without medication. I just make sure to have Polaramine handy & then it clears up after 1/2hr.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes but we need a referral from a GP.. So we have to see the doctor again, pay money, and get a referral to hopefully do skin testing. I heard blood testing is less accurate..

You could go to a bulk billed GP if you have PR? and be careful if you want a allergy test, make sure it is clinically evidenced and maybe you might find a answer, we had terrible bites from ants - that we happened to be allergic to!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...