Claiming maximum skills 189 visa

reubensmam

Hi guys,

We're in the process of pulling together all info for 189 visa. we are from Ireland. Struggling a bit to prove 8 years as hubby was company to company for a few years through the recession. We were in perth on a 457 visa from late 2010 until mid 2015 so have 10points for that as easy to pull payslips and tax returns via our emails. But going way back to 06/07 is hard as most enployers didnt do that n we foolishly never kept paper copies.what evidence is sufficent to prove employment that far back.

Any advise?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

We're in the process of pulling together all info for 189 visa. we are from Ireland. Struggling a bit to prove 8 years as hubby was company to company for a few years through the recession. We were in perth on a 457 visa from late 2010 until mid 2015 so have 10points for that as easy to pull payslips and tax returns via our emails. But going way back to 06/07 is hard as most enployers didnt do that n we foolishly never kept paper copies.what evidence is sufficent to prove employment that far back.

Any advise?

Do you not have bank statements that shows payments by the companies ? If he was employed by the companies and not self employed I believe they have to keep records for 7 years for tax purposes ?

I'm looking are starting the process myself soon

Do you not have bank statements that shows payments by the companies ? If he was employed by the companies and not self employed I believe they have to keep records for 7 years for tax purposes ?

I'm looking are starting the process myself soon

I would have thought The previous bank would still keep records of this they might charge a fee to reprint statements, he could see if his previously employers would write a statement on their company letter head, stating the time frame he worked for them to go with bank statements.

Sorry guys another Q. Can I use 2007,2008, 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016 as my 8 years experience. I dont want to use 09/10 as I was in and out of jobs in recession. I have tax cert to show I worked tho.

I don't see why not - you aren't asked to provide consecutive years experience I don't think.

Sorry guys another Q. Can I use 2007,2008, 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016 as my 8 years experience. I dont want to use 09/10 as I was in and out of jobs in recession. I have tax cert to show I worked tho.

Tbh I would submit as many pay slips as you can as it won't matter if you was in and out but if your showing consistency through your time frame in the selected skill

From March 2009 to sept 2010. Was in and out of work before went to Oz for work. Don't have anything other than a statement from social welfare stating I was on unemployment benefit from x date to y date and then I have my tax return for those years showing tax and social insurance paid whilst working. Have letters/refs payslips tax returns etc for every other year apart from that time frame between 2009/2010.

We decided to play safe last night and are only going to claim 3 years instead of 5years over seas skills just to be sure we don't seem to he overclaiming. We will lose 5points however we still have 60 and still qualify for the 189

And what if u can't get a letter from one or two employers but have payslips/bank statements and tax return for relevant year.

We have come to a standstill gathering work evidence as 2 employers are not answering emails requesting letters

Would it be worth calling the border protection authority for some clarification? I was on hold for 15 mins but when I got through they are helpful with queries

Do immigration care how many employers you have had or if you were in and out of jobs during recession. We have 9 employers some only for short contracts. Is this a reflection on your character or does it matter as long as you have the years you are claiming for