Weather in WA in August

rpakey

HI everyone

Whilst I have been to WA several times, I have never been during the month in Aug

Whats it like?

I recall many years ago arriving late September, and whilst I was in shorts, I had to go and buy a jumper from Gazman for the cooler days

Would it be a good time of year to visit, have done the beach and most tourist type things, happy to just be in WA and chill out, obviously have days out and do plenty of fishing :biggrin:

Would appreciate your thoughts, good and bad…

Many thanks

Richard

Hey Richard,

Which part of WA, it's quite big ;)?

I haven't lived in Perth for a full winter yet but have visited in August a few times in recent years (1st year this year). IME - it can be a bit hit & miss, generally ok during the day (say 10am to 4pm), 17-22 degrees but can really drop down at nighttime and early mornings (say 5-10 degrees). It doesn't rain often but when it does it can be torrential (normally for a few hours or a day or so).

THe further south you go the colder it gets and if you are up north it should be a bit warmer. Hope this helps.

Hey Richard,

Which part of WA, it's quite big ;)?

I haven't lived in Perth for a full winter yet but have visited in August a few times in recent years (1st year this year). IME - it can be a bit hit & miss, generally ok during the day (say 10am to 4pm), 17-22 degrees but can really drop down at nighttime and early mornings (say 5-10 degrees). It doesn't rain often but when it does it can be torrential (normally for a few hours or a day or so).

THe further south you go the colder it gets and if you are up north it should be a bit warmer. Hope this helps.

Apologies, usually stay in Cottesloe, forgot to mention that!

August is still winter so it wont be beach weather. It is hard to say overall though as August can be so different from one week to another. Generally cold overnight - last year it got down to 0C and we had frosts. It can also rain a lot and this can be torrential downpours that can last a day or more. Then again it can be up to 20C during the day, but bear in mind that there will be no humidity so a Perth 20C should not be compared to a UK 20C. Definitely don't just bring shorts as you will need jeans and a sweater/fleece, as well as a rainproof jacket.

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly the worst month. No one has mentioned that it rains a lot in August. You'd be surprised. Perth's rainfall in August averages, according to the Bureau of Meteorology, 130mm. By comparison, the UK's rainfall in February (northern hemisphere equivalent) according to the Met Office averages 88mm. And that's an average of the whole UK. London's rainfall, for example, would be less than that.

Wet wet wet...