Advice needed

corblimey79

Hi guys, I have a family of 6 of us wife and 4 kids. My wife has Australian citizenship, she was born in Australia but moved to the UK when little. We are thinking about making the move to Perth. My biggest worry is getting employment. In the UK I am an employer adviser working for the civil service, my wife is a pensions administrator. I guess I am looking for any advice on where best to start and how hard or easy the move could be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Chris.

Hi and welcome.

The first thing are visas. Your kids should be dual citizens, so just need to get their oz passports. You will need a spouse visa. Fairly simple application. Though expensive and will take 12 to 18 months from date of application to process.

as for jobs it is hard to say as at the moment Perth is in an economic downturn. but shouldn't be by you move. However, you would not be eligible to work in the oz civil service until a citizen which you can not apply for until you have lived in oz for 4 years.

• Thanks 1

You could look at the skilled occupation lists to see if your occupation is on there, but I don't recall anything similar to what you do. Even if it were, it wouldn't save a huge amount. Visa fees are less - just under $4k, but add on skills assessment and ILETS and it soon adds up. 

You should note that the visa fees are the drop in the ocean in the overall costs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1