Advice for my adult son

Fullyladen

Hi all looking for some advice for my 22yr old son who has just graduated from Plymouth Uni.

We arrived in Perth at the end of July this year that's me my wife and our 10 yr old.

Our other 2 older children decided to stay in the uk.

We are here on a sponsored 457 visa and were advised at the time that we could not include our older sons as they would not be able to work on my visa.

The eldest now wants to come out to work.

Are there any other options than a 12 month working visa ? And how long can he spend in one job during that period ?

Guest neff4yayo

Hi. I am currently in Perth. We arrived in Aug 2009 on a Working Holiday Visa, in the first year the maximum amount you are allowed to work for one employer is 6 months. You then have to move on. If you can find fruit picking, farm work (it has to be in a specified location.. All the info is on immi.gov.au) you have to do 88 days work in a regional area and then can apply to extend your visa for another 12 months. You can then go back to an employer that you worked for in the 1st year! Im not sure what you can do after the 2nd year to be able to stay but as my fiance's parents are permanent residents here and he is their only son, we were able to apply for a "Remaining Relative Visa" If all of yours sons close family (parents and brothers and sister) are residing in Australia i think it is worth looking it to a RRV! Hope this helps!

Steff x

If you check the new regional visa list for WA I had a conference call with a lawyer last Friday as we are in the process of setting up our first WA recruitment business and he was telling us that there are some visas in some sectors where a person can now work for 12 months in the same job. Sorry I cant be more precise but it was a long call and cant remember off the top of my head what they were. It will be worth emailing the WA Gov and asking them.