Land and House Packages

derham

Hi very stormy, we are moving to mandurah 1st dec, will be living in Falcon beach area for three weeks till we find a rental but want to be nearer mandurah could you help with schools for 16 year old and fair priced areas for buying property. Any help would be much appreciated.

Alison.

Guest menurana

Thanks for sharing nice post.I have been looking information on Land and House Packages.This discussion has solve my concern to a a great extent..I am very grateful.. Property To Rent

Hi Give me a Break ,

Would you mind if I asked how much your deposit was (assuming you got a mgt). I have read some banks require 20% dep. and also some of those packages come with finance is there a min deposit ?

Also if Icould ask the same question as before of how much your budget is for your pool ? I Would also like to take the chance to compliment you , your posts are very informative puts some perspective

to any niggling issues that have cropped up, for alot of us I'd say !!

Thanks Jenny x

Hi Give me a Break ' date='

Would you mind if I asked how much your deposit was (assuming you got a mgt). I have read some banks require 20% dep. and also some of those packages come with finance is there a min deposit ?

Also if Icould ask the same question as before of how much your budget is for your pool ? I Would also like to take the chance to compliment you , your posts are very informative puts some perspective

to any niggling issues that have cropped up, for alot of us I'd say !!

Thanks Jenny x[/quote']

We got a financial adviser to help with the mortgage, there are (like in the UK) many different types requiring different levels of deposit, some accept 10 percent, most 20. Also some wont accept a lump sum transfer from the UK as a deposit, saying that it has to be savings built up over time...which can be annoying. Our pool which is a 6mx3m with solar power heating and UV protection and some stone heading is coming in at $25,000 but there are options of ones that come in at under $20,000 fully installed, just a case of shopping around, and some mortgage companies will happily include it in your mortgage if you want to do it that way. We are hoping to have ours in and being used by the end of Feb fingers crossed :) Good luck :cool:

• 3 months later...

hi , this is the post about the pool.

We got a financial adviser to help with the mortgage, there are (like in the UK) many different types requiring different levels of deposit, some accept 10 percent, most 20. Also some wont accept a lump sum transfer from the UK as a deposit, saying that it has to be savings built up over time...which can be annoying. Our pool which is a 6mx3m with solar power heating and UV protection and some stone heading is coming in at $25,000 but there are options of ones that come in at under $20,000 fully installed, just a case of shopping around, and some mortgage companies will happily include it in your mortgage if you want to do it that way. We are hoping to have ours in and being used by the end of Feb fingers crossed :) Good luck :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JimmyC

Be wary of house and land packages. 90% of them will not include everything you assume they would.

I work in the industry and know the pitfalls of building.

Estates are less risky a prospect than newly sub divided land. Site costs are the contentious issue. You rarely know exactly what they are going to be until you are fully committed.

That being said, building is extremely rewarding. You get to design your own home and you don't inherit any problems that an old house might contain.