Driving lessons

portlaunay

Anyone had driving lessons here in Perth?

Are there any companies anyone would recommend? Are there any fast track courses available?

My wife has never learnt to drive and since the roads are pretty wide, straight and there are few roundabouts she's a little more enthusiastic than she was on the mean streets of SE London.

Guest guest9824
Anyone had driving lessons here in Perth?

Are there any companies anyone would recommend? Are there any fast track courses available?

My wife has never learnt to drive and since the roads are pretty wide, straight and there are few roundabouts she's a little more enthusiastic than she was on the mean streets of SE London.

Prepare yourself Porty!, hope you have a fat wallet. My 17 year old daughter took lessons and they were $65.00 an hour...we booked double lessons so it was a bit cheaper $120.00 for two hours!!! If there is a down turn in the job market then being a driving instructor might be worth taking up as a profession. As you say, these roads are a doddle compared to the likes of London or any city in blighty for that matter. Good luck to Mrs Porty, hope she gets driving soon....you might be better taking her out in the beaut VW Beatle of yours!

pea

Prepare yourself Porty!, hope you have a fat wallet. My 17 year old daughter took lessons and they were $65.00 an hour...we booked double lessons so it was a bit cheaper $120.00 for two hours!!! If there is a down turn in the job market then being a driving instructor might be worth taking up as a profession. As you say, these roads are a doddle compared to the likes of London or any city in blighty for that matter. Good luck to Mrs Porty, hope she gets driving soon....you might be better taking her out in the beaut VW Beatle of yours!

pea

Cheers pea. I've told her I'd punt $1k towards it and if she doesn't pass after that she's on her own (and walking!)

She's a long way to go before she can drive any of my dubs but I'd be happy if she wanted to buy her own :wink:

Expect to pay between $50 and $65 an hour. My friends run a driving school here NOR and charge $55 but they don't go to where you live. The rules as they stand now is that you have to do 25 hours of driving before sitting your test and then 25 hours afterwards over a 6 month period. You then sit an online hazard perception test and get your first P plates.

Guest guest9824
Cheers pea. I've told her I'd punt $1k towards it and if she doesn't pass after that she's on her own (and walking!)

She's a long way to go before she can drive any of my dubs but I'd be happy if she wanted to buy her own :wink:

You old romantic you.....:wink:

• 1 month later...

pea

Reasuring to know there is a shortage if driving instructors as that the profession we are migrating on.

Ax

• 1 year later...
Can I ask, are you in the process of migrating or have you already made that step? If, by any chance you migrated from the UK which Migration Agent did you use, as I am a trainee driving instructor at present. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello HelloKitty!

this thread was from April 2013 so you may not get a response! try starting a new thread with your queries- may get a better response,

Good Luck,

Bean :0)

• 6 months later...