swimming pools

thewaltons

Costs will vary on size and ease of installation, site access, site works etc we used Sapphire pools in Port Kennedy we are very pleased with it. I've quite a few friends that have used other companies and been pleased too. As a rough price your looking between 20,000 to 40,000 Installed but my advice would be to shop around and generally speaking its cheaper to install in the winter than summer.

• 5 weeks later...

We used Aqua Technics and would recommend them unreservedly. We werent sure exactly what we wanted - but knew what we didn't, and they came out with realsized templates to show us what it would look like in the garden. They also did various plans for landscaping to give us ideas of what we could do. The whole installation was seamless with no problems, and their after sales service was brilliant. We installed our pool in 1996 - pool is still brilliant and I would have no hesitation in recommending Aqua Techinics. If I moved at any time, I would certainly use them again. Total cost in 1996 was $16,000 but obviously this would be much bigger now.

If it was not for the re-sale value on the house you could come and get mine - pain in the butt pools, honestly - however I appreciate for many that it is one of the things that are on the wish lists for living here. Looking at all the prices re-conditioned pools are the go. They are like buying new ones, you will not be able to tell, and a lot, lot cheaper than what is being quoted above. Try DJ Pools if you want to compare costs. If you put a brand new one in, and then move, you may end up over capitalizing on your house. Dangerous time ahead in the property market. Oh and by the way remember and add on all the garden landscaping work when pricing for the pool because you will end up wanting to do that as well.