medical records and dental records going to australia?

bwatt99

When it comes to getting medical records why do we need this and what is it for so they know more about us when we arrive,who will have access to these?medicare?or do they get sent to somewhere?

My wife asked about it last time she went to see the doctor and they gave her a form application for access to medical records is this what we need and fill in or is this not what we want?

How long does it take to access or get these,ok if it took a little while to get we can always have them sent on to us,or is this something better taken with us before we leave and as said why do we need them and who wants them when we arrive.

I see on the form it says its £10 to access to records and an additional fee of 40p per page is charged if records are to be photocopied up to a max of £50 again is this what we are after?

So if my wife and i need this what about or 8 month old baby?when it says about 40p per page are records often very long or short?I suppose it depends on how ill or whats been up with you over the years right?

So does this go right back to a child or being born or just a few years,i have no idea what im after here as all i read is get medical records and god knows how many pages there could be of each person.

Also not looked into dental records i take the same goes for that also we still need to contact the dentist,say my wife or i used a past dentist or have used one more often will the most recent one have all the records needed or what is required and again why do we need these,who wants them and why?

thats strange as i read on things to do list that this is one of them and i have read many get this,i need to ask anyone who has did this did you get one for 8 month old girl?She would hardly have any medical records?

The things im not sure about is it says on the form there is a fee for access to records and additional fee of 40p per page if records are to be photocopied so i take im looking to photo copy them then as no point in just looking,it says to access records its £10 but with photocopies this can go upto £50 any advise on this please,as if i planning on getting this done it make take a while and i am going end of next month

thats strange as i read on things to do list that this is one of them and i have read many get this,i need to ask anyone who has did this did you get one for 8 month old girl?She would hardly have any medical records?

The things im not sure about is it says on the form there is a fee for access to records and additional fee of 40p per page if records are to be photocopied so i take im looking to photo copy them then as no point in just looking,it says to access records its £10 but with photocopies this can go upto £50 any advise on this please,as if i planning on getting this done it make take a while and i am going end of next month

your child's red book will be enough for her. For you and your wife it isn't necessary unless you have a complicated medical history that may require regular visits to the doctor and regular medication.

Thought everyone over a certain age had to have a medical which inc a chest X-ray to role out TB?? It's my understanding that everyone has a basic medical and then if there are any complications ie pre-existing conditions or any discrepancies with the chest x-ray then a referral is made for an extensive medical. Someone please correct me if I have got this wrong.

As for dental, you just request your dentist for records to take with you. When I asked my dentist about it he said you don't need it. Just join a dentist when you're there. Don't know if anyone else did that.

Debs

Edited by travelchic

Thought everyone over a certain age had to have a medical which inc a chest X-ray to role out TB?? It's my understanding that everyone has a basic medical and then if there are any complications ie pre-existing conditions or any discrepancies with the chest x-ray then a referral is made for an extensive medical. Someone please correct me if I have got this wrong.

As for dental, you just request your dentist for records to take with you. When I asked my dentist about it he said you don't need it. Just join a dentist when you're there. Don't know if anyone else did that.

Debs

Yes you are correct but the OP is asking if he needs to bring copies of his regular medical records with him.