A couple of questions for those successful 190 applicants

Red Rose

Hi everyone,

First post on here and hopefully I can get a few useful pointers.

I have heard back from a CO in relation to my application for SS and a couple of questions for anyone who can help.

Settlement funds

With respect to the resettlement funds, I indicated I had access to $15,000 as a single person. The CO said the minimum amount of funds for a single person is $20,000 and asked me to specify the total amount of funds I have access to for resettlement.

If granted the visa, I do not anticipate moving to Perth for at least another 12 months, by which time I would have saved up more money for resettlement. I expect to have saved up $25,000 to $30,000 by then. Would it be reasonable for me to indicate this in my response to the CO, or are they only interested in the amount of funds we have access to at the time of the application, i.e. now? If so, I will have to ask my parents to lend me the money, in which case I could inform the CO that I have access to $20,000 by way of savings and a contribution from my parents. Does this sound reasonable?

Region for settlement

In my application I only put down Perth as my preferred region for settlement and the reason I gave was based on employment considerations, that the vast majority of jobs advertised in HR were in Perth. The CO has asked me to provide further information on why Perth was chosen and that the information in my online application was not sufficient. I am thinking about expanding on the angle I gave about employment opportunities in Perth, perhaps I can attach a diagram of HR jobs advertised in Perth compared to other regions to demonstrate the point I am trying to make. I am also thinking about mentioning social reasons as well. As a relatively young(ish) single male moving to a place I have not been to before (I have lived in Sydney and Melbourne previously, but not WA), I feel Perth would offer me the greatest opportunity to make friends and settle in WA in the long term (and in turn contribute to the WA economy in the long term). The thing is, I am not sure whether this is a particularly strong point to make?

If anyone has any advice or pointers in the above two respects, I will be really grateful.

Cheers,

Red Rose

Not much help as I didn't apply for this visa but I would put in first about your parents contribution - get them to write a letter too and attach that confirming their contribution, but I would also say that you hope that it would exceed this amount because you're going to do a, b, c,

I'm not sure what they want about extra info about Perth, but it sounds a good idea to give them the information about job opportunities and also the work life balance of building an age appropriate social and support network.

Hi Vicky and all,

Is there any trickyness one should be aware about regarding WA state sponsorship? Or everything is very straightforward and understandable on their (WA that is) site? Is there a minimum amount of funds? I am planning to migrate to Perth to my sister's, just by myself, only a couple of suitcases and not much money. Will I make it? - is the question : D

Hi Vicky and all,

Is there any trickyness one should be aware about regarding WA state sponsorship? Or everything is very straightforward and understandable on their (WA that is) site? Is there a minimum amount of funds? I am planning to migrate to Perth to my sister's, just by myself, only a couple of suitcases and not much money. Will I make it? - is the question : D

Hi Levi

This is what our visa agent advised ........Excluding the relocation costs please provide an estimate of your liquid funds that are available for your resettlement to Western Australia (AUD$) please see our recommended amounts per person (Approximately $25,000 for 2 people- $5,000 for each additional applicant). As a family of four, you will roughly need $35,000 in liquid funds to take to Australia.

from vicky

• 2 weeks later...