how long to use 189 visa?

Hi all

New to all of this so i hope someone can help me with a question,after getting a 189 visa is there a time limit to use it?

thanks for any replies

You have to validate your 189 visa within 12 months of your police check or medical whichever you did first. Then I think you are expected to have lived in Australia for 2 years by the end of 5 years following validating but I'm sure someone will be along who is able to confirm if this is the case.

hello sorry that I just come in here but cant remember how to open a new threat so just ask any of u of you could tell me what it cost for the medical please I haven't got a clou do you have any idea what you had to pay please ?kaz

hello sorry that I just come in here but cant remember how to open a new threat so just ask any of u of you could tell me what it cost for the medical please I haven't got a clou do you have any idea what you had to pay please ?kaz

It's about £320 for an adult permanent visa and £90 for a child under 11 yo

When your visa is granted you will get instructions telling you what date to validate by and also the expiry of the visa. With PR visas, that doesn't mean your PR is at an end, only that you will then need to apply for a resident return visa should you wish to leave and re-enter the country if you have not already become citizens.

It's about £320 for an adult permanent visa and £90 for a child under 11 yo

hello and thanks for this information I am on thinking I wrote a view days ago here in the forum that there are costs for the medical what you have to pay and I have a list from my agend what all the costs and fees for our 457 visa are and thought there is these kindof cost includet but when I ask my agend I haven't become an answer atoll so I feel a wee bit wired about it did she keeped more costs away from me what I should know hmmm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kaz

hello and thanks for this information I am on thinking I wrote a view days ago here in the forum that there are costs for the medical what you have to pay and I have a list from my agend what all the costs and fees for our 457 visa are and thought there is these kindof cost includet but when I ask my agend I haven't become an answer atoll so I feel a wee bit wired about it did she keeped more costs away from me what I should know hmmm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kaz

Not sure you have to undertake the same medical for a 457 visa though. The prices I quoted were for a permanent visa. Anyone else know?