Can anyone recommend a migration agent?

Guest Leeburton

Guest Leeburton

Hi,

We're about to commit as a family to emigrate to Australia and would like to use the services of a migration agent to help secure skilled working visa's.

Can anyone recommend an agent that they have used recently, and the rough costs? Your help would be very much appreicated!

Many thanks

Lee

Were using OE Visas speak to Laurence nice chap!!!

Visa costs vary between £2000 - 2500 we paid £2148.00

Imo set about £7000 that includes ielts,vettassess ,medicals,visa, could be more now that visa cost has changed ie paying individually. Also read visa costs are changing again in September look out for that!!!!

Sorry to tell u the bad news,

Go Matilda and George Lombard Consultancy both enjoy an excellent reputation across all the forums we run. As for Global Visas, well, google them and I'll leave it at that. I won't make any disparaging remarks about them and will just say that from an administrative point of view, it's a full time battle deleting posts from paid seo companies who pass themselves off as satisfied customers of Global Visas, I must have deleted hundreds of such posts - but that's the tactic they employ to drown out criticism - http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2010/06/global-visas-boss-liam-cliffor.html

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2012/08/global-visas-and-one-clients-f.html

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2010/05/global-visas---complaints-are.html

We using global visas, big mistake 18 months later after wrong visa submitted then 7 months later had to withdraw as wrong points claimed. We just about in same position 18 months later this time on correct visa. Absolute nightmare still ongoing battle at the moment. Avoid like the plague.

We using global visas, big mistake 18 months later after wrong visa submitted then 7 months later had to withdraw as wrong points claimed. We just about in same position 18 months later this time on correct visa. Absolute nightmare still ongoing battle at the moment. Avoid like the plague.

Craig, that's pretty crap for you.....cant you get your money back?!! Surely there's some sort of security that says if they stuff it up (meaning through no fault of your own) they have to provide a refund??...

Well in the process of refund for the $3000 odd for the visa processing fee. Whilst keeps getting promised but never arrives been on to them today which they said its been approved waiting. As far as getting refund for there cost I got no chance and all I want now is my visa so I can go get on with my new life in oz. I tried to cancel them after only 2 weeks into assigning them to get me a visa but they just went ahead an charged my card so had to use them as couldn't afford a new agent from scratch. Everyone I spoke to from managers to team leaders are nothing short of bully's my wife refuses to speak to them as they very nasty at times. Made the whole experience a nightmare and most of the work I have done for them. Not to mention sending me down London for my skills assessment without the right paper work needed to be allowed to sit the test. Luckily vetassess allowed me in as had some documents on my iPhone. Please steer clear.

Well in the process of refund for the $3000 odd for the visa processing fee. Whilst keeps getting promised but never arrives been on to them today which they said its been approved waiting. As far as getting refund for there cost I got no chance and all I want now is my visa so I can go get on with my new life in oz. I tried to cancel them after only 2 weeks into assigning them to get me a visa but they just went ahead an charged my card so had to use them as couldn't afford a new agent from scratch. Everyone I spoke to from managers to team leaders are nothing short of bully's my wife refuses to speak to them as they very nasty at times. Made the whole experience a nightmare and most of the work I have done for them. Not to mention sending me down London for my skills assessment without the right paper work needed to be allowed to sit the test. Luckily vetassess allowed me in as had some documents on my iPhone. Please steer clear.

Id be taking that one as far as I could go if it were me, I expect you've worked hard for that bleedin money. That's if you can be bothered, sometimes the stress of chasing things puts people off, I can totally understand. Sorry to hear that Craig, Im sure yous will get there :wink:

With all the stresses of emigrating I have not the time to chase them for some compensation. Also I didn't want to rock the bout until I had that visa. I submitted a 190 on 26th June and everything all up there cleared waiting for grant as my last visa was cleared a 189 in march but had withdraw as they claimed something crazy like 85points for some strange reason. Diac only pulled it at the end once grant was ready. Totally gutting as got a job ready and waiting and all little embarrassing but only took 1 month to reapply and get a 190 lodged which was what I wanted first time round. I think as long as the agent is mara registered you are covered. Good luck with your choice hope I have saved you from there grasp. ?

We are using Smith Jones Migration...Emma is a MARA registered agent and an absolute dream to work with.Every question we have ever had she has answered super quickly,she has helped us when we were told we didnt have enough points by quite a few other agencies and sure enough 1 year later(only this long because it took me 6 attempts to pass my IELTS) she has now submitted our 190 visa.

She also appears in Australia magazine on the Q&A page...would def reccomend.

Good luck with who you choose...

Hi....

We went through ISA...who are in Perth, this was through my employer...they were good, no drama's....

I know people who have used GO Matilda and George Lombard and are all very happy with them....

Whatever you do, Do no do anywhere near Thinking Australia....I did originally and got no where, other than false promises and spent £1500 and saw nothing for it....

Good luck

Steve

Edited by Steveo1571

Sort out my visa - as recommended by phil spencer on the tv show on life down under - all done and dusted within 12 months - think it was £3000 - £4000 but that was for permanent visas - we are just returning from a trip to Perth - ask for Veronika although they are a reputable company

Ive read a large amount of 'don't go there..' when it comes to Global Visas, in a round about way anyway, obviously people aren't allowed to bad mouth on a public forum but its definitely not who I will be using when we come to use an agent as I think theres been a fair few people had their dreams ruined or had to start all over again because of it. My choice would be one of two. Westly Russell or Go Matilda, both get great reviews and recommendations by those who have used them and have never read even in inkling of bad feeling about either. They are forthcoming with help and advice and often flag it up for people when someone has been told wrong information. Hope you get someone who does a good job :)