Hay fever

portlaunay

It's been killing me the last couple of days and my hay fever killer Clarityne has been no help at all.

Went to the pharmacy yesterday and had a chat with a very knowledgable, if a little grumpy, pharmacist who recommended a Fexofenadine based treatment.

Avoiding the over-priced branded product in the snazzy packaging I opted for the 'chemists own' at $18 less.

Wow, gone.

This morning the hay fever woke me at 5.30, popped another tab and 15 minutes later was all fine. It might not work for all but this is apparently a 'new' third generation treatment and it's working for me.

Guest guest9824
It's been killing me the last couple of days and my hay fever killer Clarityne has been no help at all.

Went to the pharmacy yesterday and had a chat with a very knowledgable, if a little grumpy, pharmacist who recommended a Fexofenadine based treatment.

Avoiding the over-priced branded product in the snazzy packaging I opted for the 'chemists own' at $18 less.

Wow, gone.

This morning the hay fever woke me at 5.30, popped another tab and 15 minutes later was all fine. It might not work for all but this is apparently a 'new' third generation treatment and it's working for me.

...but have you grown another head????:wink:.

Sounds good, must admit last night was horrendous for me, so might have to ask at our pharmacy for the fenfoxy stuff you suggest!

I have been told telfast is good. After suffering from it in South Africa, i found i was barely affected in the UK. A few days into spring here and my eyes are constantly watering and my nose wont stop running! Only thing that works for me and my husband is Allergex, from south africa, every year we get it sent over from my family! Beccanase is also good, my poor three year old has really been suffering too, but trying to spray his nose is a little challenging! Doctor recommended we try it before anyone points out it says not for under 12s !

Wow, gone.

I use Hayplex oral spray from health shop....works really well....just spray under tongue...so absorbs very quickly....can be used several times a day.

• 2 months later...