So, we arrived!

Judilc

Hi everyone, so after the madness of the past week we have arrived. Although we got our visas 9 months ago we had been in jeddah when last week hubby found out current role was coming to an end and to stay in Saudi we would have to commit to another 12 months there so we decided to jump ship and head here since we planed on coming NYE anyway!

So few questions ....... I've got a list (somewhere) of jobs to do on arrival Medicare etc can someone just give me a quick reminder of other bits I might forget?

Cars, carsales.com and gumtree are best places to look right? Or if anyone's got a good car for sale for around 6k let me know!

Hubby job, best to just apply for all jobs advertised that suitable or to quick fire cv round suitable companies regardless if job advertised there?

My I pad screen has broken on the way over, where is the best place to get fixed? Our short term let is in tuart hill

English breakfast tea ! Need, need some good tea what can I expect here? Billy tea campfire brew is not doing it for me.

The side of road chucking out thing, I can't remember the name, can anyone tell me how I can find out which area is doing this at a time? My friends moved here 6 weeks ago and managed to find bikes from one area to do their kids till their shipment arrives! My 5 year old is desperate for her bike ........

Im sure I will think of a few more things I want to ask but that's all my poor brain can think of right now ......

Thanks !

First things to do are, relax and get over jet lag then

TFNs

Medicare

The rest can wait a few weeks plus you'll need a tenancy agreement as I'd for a few things.

Tea - we were Tetley drinkers but the Tetley here is too strong so now we drink Bushells which is virtually identical. Loads of other English

breakfast teas in the supermarkets.

Cars- gumtree is good but if you find something you think is good it's worth paying for an RAC inspection as there are some shonky people out there !

Hi what exciting times ahead for you :)

Those first few weeks will be busy but best to just make a list then spread it over a couple of weeks that's what we did so not to get highly stressed.

Tea was a priority for me also :) most of it is bad here I find so I stick to Twinings you can't go wrong!!

When looking for work my husband found he had to change the format of his CV. It shouldn't make a difference but it did and its worked well for him. I guess it also depends on the line of work.

We are in Mount Pleasant and you wanted to meet up at all

i look forward to hearing about your weeks ahead :)

Welcome to Perth! The first few weeks are manic, but just try to relax and chip away at the list of "to do's" slowly.

Applying for your Tax File Number and Medicare registration are the most important on the list really. Oh and sorting out your banking of course! Can't help with the Ipad but totally understand about the tea issue! Twinings is good - so is Dilmah.

Keep us updated with how you are going!

Thank you everyone. We are slowly making plans for next week starting with bank, moneycorp and Medicare. We've been told to apply for tfn on line so will do that then start firing off cv's left right and centre for husband.

Today we have been to woodvale shopping centre for a few bits, mindarie keys for lunch then burns beach for kids to play, lucky we have some friends who are showing us about. Beach again tomorrow then on with admin bits and car search on Monday !

• 1 month later...
Thank you everyone. We are slowly making plans for next week starting with bank, moneycorp and Medicare. We've been told to apply for tfn on line so will do that then start firing off cv's left right and centre for husband.

Today we have been to woodvale shopping centre for a few bits, mindarie keys for lunch then burns beach for kids to play, lucky we have some friends who are showing us about. Beach again tomorrow then on with admin bits and car search on Monday !

So its been a while since your last posting. How are you doing? and where did you decide to settle... what tips can you give a month and a bit down the line? I hope you've had an amazing first Christmas in Oz!