just want to say hello..

shar1971

Hi perthpoms. Ive just joined today and want to say hello..

Me, my husband and two kids (aged 10 and 18) have just started the process of moving to oz.

We are waiting on my husbands skill assessment to come back in the next couple of weeks.

Our agent has said it should be the middle of feb. My husband has got his IELTS test tomorrow. All very exciting but scary at the same time.

A little bit about ourselves... my husband is a vocational tutor and hopefully he will be able to find a job somewhere around perth because this is where we have set our hearts on.

I'm a barber. At the moment I own a gents salon which ive had for the last 17 years in york where we live.

We have a lot to organise as im sure all of you that have already made the move will understand lol.. we will are applying for a 190 visa so we are selling our house and my business which I know is going to be a stressful time.

I think im going to find this forum my life saver over the coming months. Hopefully I wont drain you all too much but it will be nice to speak to people in the same situation. :biggrin:

Me, my husband and two kids (aged 10 and 18) have just started the process of moving to oz.

We are waiting on my husbands skill assessment to come back in the next couple of weeks.

Our agent has said it should be the middle of feb. My husband has got his IELTS test tomorrow. All very exciting but scary at the same time.

A little bit about ourselves... my husband is a vocational tutor and hopefully he will be able to find a job somewhere around perth because this is where we have set our hearts on.

I'm a barber. At the moment I own a gents salon which ive had for the last 17 years in york where we live.

We have a lot to organise as im sure all of you that have already made the move will understand lol.. we will are applying for a 190 visa so we are selling our house and my business which I know is going to be a stressful time.

I think im going to find this forum my life saver over the coming months. Hopefully I wont drain you all too much but it will be nice to speak to people in the same situation. :biggrin:

hi and welcome, this forum is amazing for help, advice and support, we all have our ups and downs and it really helps to sound it out with people who know how you feel. good luck for the IELTS tomorrow -for your oh. also good luck with all your plans, it's sooooo exciting!!

Bean x

Hi Shar1971, I am new to PP also. I joined Tuesday, but wished I'd have joined ages ago as I went through all the emotions kind of in silence (other than my OH). We are lucky to have gained a Permanent Residency visas, but only found out important info this week with regards to when we can travel. Good luck, some lovely people on here for sure. Laine.

Hello and welcome

You have some very exciting, and challenging times ahead of you. No one can understand how you feel, whether it be a good or bad day for you, except those that are going through it, or have done it and are out the other side. This forum is a fantastic site for help and advice or just for writing down your feelings, as everyone on here is in the same position as you or are sitting here enjoying the weather and a glass of wine after all the stress of moving half way across the World. You will also hopefully find some good friends on here that will become life long friends when you make the move over (I know I have).

Just feel free to ask any question no matter how small or large and someone will come along and help you.

Good luck with every thing.

Sarah

Guest guest9824

Good Perthtime morning Shar, welcome to Perthpomers...there are lots of great tips and advice/opinions on here, a real mixed bag, which makes it a very balanced forum, lots of people who are experts in the field of visas, finance and planning. Also many who have a sympathetic listening ear! Use and abuse us...good luck,

pea