broken dreams :(

gdjones

Hi Members!

It's been a long time since i've been on this! I'm still non the wiser after many weeks of going to seminars and talking to agents, We can only apply for a sponsership visa as my OH job is only on the CSOL, there's no chance of us even getting colse to our dreams. We've been looking at jobs on seek but there's no tiler work apart from apprentership and they won't sponser us. I feel that our dream is over unless there's a tiler out there in perth that will sponser us!!

Any info will be greatly appriciated

Feeling sad :(

My husband is the main applicant he's a hr advisor - points aren't an issue for us he has a masters, work experience etc. I'm a nurse but haven't practiced in nursing for 15 years as I've been in the pharma industry. Our issue is we want to live in perth but hr advisor is on the schedule 2 list so you won't get an invite to apply for a visa unless you have a job and without a visa you won't land a job!! Bummer!! We are going to book him in for the IELTS next month, then lodge the skills assess with vetassess and then make a decision whether we go with another state to try just to get the damn visa or wait to see if 1/7 brings hr advisor back into the list in WA. :-)

Hi Members!

It's been a long time since i've been on this! I'm still non the wiser after many weeks of going to seminars and talking to agents, We can only apply for a sponsership visa as my OH job is only on the CSOL, there's no chance of us even getting colse to our dreams. We've been looking at jobs on seek but there's no tiler work apart from apprentership and they won't sponser us. I feel that our dream is over unless there's a tiler out there in perth that will sponser us!!

GDjones,

Roofing tiller is on the State sponsorship list for South Australia, and wall and floor tiller is on the state sponsorship list for the Northern Territory. I didn't check to see if you need sponsorship or not but you can do that.

Don’t think your dream is over, there is a chance of getting close, you just maybe need to approach it from s different angle.

We are in same boat:-( OH's job is on csol list as a schedule 2, so the dilemma for us is apply for another state ie SA / ACT / NT who may sponsor us or wait to see if WA changes the list and removes the schedule 2 on the 1/7.

You could wait then, in the future you may need sponsorship fo rthe other states too, if the opertunity is there why wait?

Yes i agree with JMG79. I think if that was me i would choose 1 of the state SA/ACT/NT and stay there for 2 yrs (i believe, quote me if i'm wrong) then you can move on to WA after... i wouldn't give up or wait! if you can get your foot on Australian soil (even if it's not your chosen state) then go for it, what's a few years in a different state in Australia?!! don't give up, i'm sure it will work out. It has been a dream of mine to migrate to Oz since i was 12 and now at the age of 37 it is more or less coming true, as they say" better late than never " but i'd never gave up on my dream to Oz. positive thinking ok :smile:

tan

Is tiler on the WA state sponsorship list?

Hi Members!

Spoke to our agent today and it seems its Northern Territory or bust for us, I have never been to NT but when I've looked at the pomsindarwin bit of POI people say the weather is incredibly difficult to live with and it's v expensive (like perth) having spent time in Singapore I'm not sure about really living day to day in that constant humidity??? Anyone got any thoughts on Northern Territory?? Think I may have to go and post this on POI!!

Hi tracey, check the state nomination criteria for NT as the last time I looked (a few months ago) they required you to have a large amount of money for settlement, this may not be a problem for you though. Also we love Darwin as it is so relaxed and not like a city at all as its so small but the problem is the heat and humidity, going into the wet season we used to hide out in the shopping centres to keep cool (our backpackers didn't have aircon)!

I completely agree! Don't give up! We were borderline on age and had problems with TRA and the skills assessment, our 1st choice was WA but looked at SA too. We ended up getting sponsored by a company and leave in 12 days. My hubby says the IELTS, its hard work but worth it. Poms In Oz & Perth are really helpful. My advice is explore all avenues and consult the forum, someone can always help.

Good luck!

Yes i agree with JMG79. I think if that was me i would choose 1 of the state SA/ACT/NT and stay there for 2 yrs (i believe, quote me if i'm wrong) then you can move on to WA after... i wouldn't give up or wait! if you can get your foot on Australian soil (even if it's not your chosen state) then go for it, what's a few years in a different state in Australia?!! don't give up, i'm sure it will work out. It has been a dream of mine to migrate to Oz since i was 12 and now at the age of 37 it is more or less coming true, as they say" better late than never " but i'd never gave up on my dream to Oz. positive thinking ok :smile:

tan

Good shout nikkiwd you need $65K to settle in NT according to their website!! This is looking increasingly unlikely for us as I've also just looked on seek.com.au and there aren't many jobs in Karl's discipline currently and it's quite worrying reading the way the jobs market is going over there. I know this is amoral obligation where you live after you've been granted a visa but the NT has the most stringent set of rules attached to demonstrating your commitment to living there that I've seen in all the research I've done so far!! I would be terrified to get granted a visa and then not find a job and end up taking one in another state and coming unstuck as a result of being nominated by nt and not living there!!