Printers from the UK - Cartridge compatibility issues??

eddking2003

Guys,

I have recentley been told that if I buy Epson printer cartridges here for my (newly purchased for the move) Epson 302 series printer, the likleyhood is that they will not fit? Can anyone shed any light on this matter or am I being spun a line here? If it is the truth then i am guessing it would just be easier to buy another printer here than the rigamarole of sourcing UK cartridges for it?

Any help appreciated.

Edd :biggrin:

Guest guest9824
Guys,

I have recentley been told that if I buy Epson printer cartridges here for my (newly purchased for the move) Epson 302 series printer, the likleyhood is that they will not fit? Can anyone shed any light on this matter or am I being spun a line here? If it is the truth then i am guessing it would just be easier to buy another printer here than the rigamarole of sourcing UK cartridges for it?

Any help appreciated.

Edd :biggrin:

hello Edd, we brought our printer over, and had lots of problems with it, so binned it and bought one here, it's worked fine....

add edit....hope all is well with you Edd and family, how have you settled in??

Yes, epson printers/ink cartridges are region locked. I think someone's posted on here about it before, you are supposed to be able to ring epson tech support and go through the steps to get the region changed but it's supposed to be a bit of a rigmarole. Probably best to go and get a new printer from somewhere like officeworks

Thanks for all the replies, a great help. I have seen some decent printers here in the reion of $60-100 so I am thinking to put the current one to pasture. Before I do I will have a look at the costs for ebay UK.

Peanuts, we have settled in really well thanks. The family love the new life and the kids have never seen so much outdoors activity/BBQ's/beach time! I am working away FIFO at the mo, currently on a 10/4 shift so not too bad for family life - there is still a flicker of recognition in my wifes eyes when I appear at the airport! We have another baby due on the 7th May, it will be born in Joondalup so we are gearing up for that, oh and also just started going through getting our PR sorted too. Nothing like being busy! How are you?

Guest guest9824
Thanks for all the replies, a great help. I have seen some decent printers here in the reion of $60-100 so I am thinking to put the current one to pasture. Before I do I will have a look at the costs for ebay UK.

Peanuts, we have settled in really well thanks. The family love the new life and the kids have never seen so much outdoors activity/BBQ's/beach time! I am working away FIFO at the mo, currently on a 10/4 shift so not too bad for family life - there is still a flicker of recognition in my wifes eyes when I appear at the airport! We have another baby due on the 7th May, it will be born in Joondalup so we are gearing up for that, oh and also just started going through getting our PR sorted too. Nothing like being busy! How are you?

Great News Edd and family, soon to be a bigger King family, congratulations...a joondy baby! Sounds like you are all doing well and enjoying your new life here, just need to get that printer sorted, it's a no brainer really, we tried alsorts with our uk one, but in the end the hassle just wasn't worth it.

All of us peanuts are fine, just celebrated my eldests 18th, last night, they had a ball, no problems at all, looks like Armageddon at the pool and patio, but all good. I think me serving food continuously helped, and there wasn't any illness or dramas...

Here's hoping you may be able to turn out to Beandownunders meetup in October....:)

All the very best,

pea :)

Guest guest9824
Beandownunders? I am intrigued! Whats that all about then? :wideeyed:

Beandownunder is another family who post on here, and are arranging a big meetup in October NOR. Just thought if you were interested in meeting some new people and sharing your experiences thus far you might want to go too :)