On route soon,for a look around

7cdb

Morning

Well,the good lady has let me book bus class for the 3 of us :cool: and we land at Perth Friday 14th of Nov. We are staying at the Sebel in Mandurah until the 30th.

We would be living in Mandurah for a couple of years (489 visa) so we want to have a good look around and get a feel for the place. Also,can I work anywhere (I would eventually be a mobile engineer/mechanic) or because of 489 have to work regionally aswell?

Lastly,anyone (especially plimting as I know he loves me) wants to meet up ('er indoors is charming and little man is a cracker) then let me know as I have loads of questions .......

cheers

ha! Have you been to mandurah before? We like it down there, different feel to it than Perth. Seriously though, i'm more than happy to meet up!

No,of all the places we visited last time,Mandurah was not one of them! Doh. We stayed in Hillary's and looked NOR mainly,had a look at Rockingham (not for us) so we are going to base in Mandurah and have a look around.

Cheers for the offer,I'll message you when we are there. A bit of straight talking about Perth would be good

thats cool. I think it depends on where you plan to work is the defining factor. However i choose to live miles from the airport ( my work)because i always have done everywhere else in the world ive worked and i dont mind the 40 mis in a car each way.

A nice irish bar in Mandurah! Bring some mozzie repelent, they love Mandurah!

• 2 weeks later...
Morning

Well,the good lady has let me book bus class for the 3 of us :cool: and we land at Perth Friday 14th of Nov. We are staying at the Sebel in Mandurah until the 30th.

We would be living in Mandurah for a couple of years (489 visa) so we want to have a good look around and get a feel for the place. Also,can I work anywhere (I would eventually be a mobile engineer/mechanic) or because of 489 have to work regionally aswell?

Lastly,anyone (especially plimting as I know he loves me) wants to meet up ('er indoors is charming and little man is a cracker) then let me know as I have loads of questions .......

cheers

if you travel north a little I will meet for a drink!!!

Morning

cheers

if I remember correctly 489 means you need to live and work remotely, that was my understanding when I was looking at that visa initially. We're in Lakelands so will be in your neck of the woods so to speak, always happy for a meet up.

7cdb why not just do your IELTS again and get the extra 10 points to do what you like? I can send you some stuff that I used if you want to. We fly on Saturday after my skills assessment also on saturday. Hope I can pass it, always worry about tests. Sold the business already so I am also now unemployed. We are staying calleroo I think that is how it is spelt. Tried to get Mandurah but couldn't find a rental. Maybe see you out there.

7cdb why not just do your IELTS again and get the extra 10 points to do what you like? I can send you some stuff that I used if you want to. We fly on Saturday after my skills assessment also on saturday. Hope I can pass it, always worry about tests. Sold the business already so I am also now unemployed. We are staying calleroo I think that is how it is spelt. Tried to get Mandurah but couldn't find a rental. Maybe see you out there.

Yeh

probably best idea,we will have decided what to do when we return at the beginning of Dec

have a good trip,can't wait for some SUN! Just got to get married this Fri,sort little mans birthday party Sat,sort out house sale finals with buyer on Sun so we can finally get completed. Then tie up work stuff next week,before flying out next Thursday for some R and R!

Congrats @7cdb on your marriage....lock up your wives he's coming to Perth ha ha.

Is your lad two or three?

I hope you end up making the move mate.

Ello Keefo,he will be 2 on Friday (hence married on same day,to prevent some dozy get forgetting :wideeyed:)

Then be's having a PARTY at ours on Saturday .........daddy will help him celebrate.

Hope you and yours are well