Commute experiences

Hi, I have a job in Subiaco and my industry tends to be based round there, so even if I change jobs its likely Subi or CBD.

I would like to know peoples view on the commute from 'far out' ☺ places like Mindarie or Tapping. My guess is the difference being the trip to the train station. In UK I either work from home or spend 2 and a half hours commute each way so both extremes really.

I hear a lot about Joondalup being too far, but I've worked in London and Sydney and pretty much everywhere is at least an hour, so I know its subjective.

TIA.

Joondalup is probably about half an hour to the city by train then the extra time getting to/from stations. Mindarie is closest to Clarkson station and thats probably 40 mins by train to city plus 10-15 for getting to station and parking etc. Its not that bad if you're used to commuting and don't mind it.

I ride the length of the Mitchell freeway from Clarkson to the airport everyday, the freeway is mostly bumber to bumber during rush hours all the way, im on a bike so just go down the middle, it takes me 40 minutes to get to the airport, my OH gets the train from Clarkson to the Esplanade everyday, it takes exactly 30 minutes and gets a seat both ways

Cheers for the responses, Id heard the freeway was a bit chokka, I guess the main roads down are similar. I did wonder if the trains get rammed from a certain station down, in which case an extra 10 mins in a seat may be better! I will likely cycle to the station and leave the car with the wife.

I get on the train at Greenwood at 6.20am and rarely get a seat

Thats ts shouldn't bother the OP if he's getting on at Clarkson/ Currumbine. My sister gets that train from Currumbine Or Joondalup and usually gets a seat.

i travel to the city most days on the freeway and it takes 25 - 30 mins and I set off at 5.30. The two lane section in the North is rammed at that time. I'm very rarely on the freeway at 8am but it's neigh on gridlock from top to bottom.