visa granted, house sold, advice needed

So myself, hubby, daughter aged 4 and son aged 2 will be making the big move hopefully in April. We are now waiting on the exchange and completion of the house sale so time to plan the move. Neither myself or hubby have jobs lined up so don't really have a destination to head towards so we have decided to stay in a holiday let for a few weeks in Joondalup (for no reason other then we have to start somewhere) with the thought of maybe looking to settle around the Currambine area so any advice on the following points would be great:

Good or Bad experiences of currambine or surrounding areas

Are there decent Transport links

Any opinions of primary/high schools

Seems like an impossible task to decide where to live when you have the whole of perth to choose from!!

any advice would be great

How exciting for you! We are building just north of Joondalup and will be moving next June. The area is very good, lots of people from UK in the area. Excellent transport links to the city and good schools and shopping locally. We have friends in Currambine and they love the area. Hope all goes well with your move !

Big 2016 ahead then, wow, must be super exciting.

Can't help on Currambine but my work occasionally takes me up to Joondalup and it's not my sort of place, a bit of a cultural and creative vaccuum, shopping mall kind of place. As Bev M said, it's also full of Poms and I'm not sure what the benefits of that are, perhaps we just prefer diversity and don't really identify with the UK at all.

My advice would be to travel around, like all towns and cities, different parts of Perth have a different look and feel and what's right for you isn't right for everyone. I wonder whether some come here with a very idealised vision of what they want and that can be very hard to achieve or it might simply be too dramatic a change for them and they never settle. Work out what's right for you, what the essentials are and assess each area on that set of criteria.

Good luck, let us know how your journey goes.

Hi

congratulations! It's a long but exciting process!

We have a home for rent in Currambine - please see our post under accommodation available --It's a really great up and coming area!

It's minutes to the sea ( gorgeous beaches), a few minutes drive to Joondalup and right by the train line/freeway so it's sooo easy to get to the CBD in about 25 minutes. the area has been really targeted for expansion in terms of services in the last 2 years - lots of new shops, cinema up grade, restaurants etc. In January 2016 they are opening a brand new open plan market with butchers/bakers etc..all very exciting!

I actually work in the doctor's surgery there and love the area

Please feel free to brouse our website

www.thebolt-hole.com

and message us. Our rental is designed to be a stepping stone for families emigrating and has been used by many ...in fact three in the last couple of years have brought in the suburb after staying :)

Good luck

Germaine

ps Currambine primary school is very popular and has glowing reports!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, congratulations on the visa grant and house sale. I would really keep an open mind reference areas until you have sorted jobs. It's a vast sprawling City and its no good planning an area if you work is a two hour commute away. What type of work do you both do? This may narrow down areas.

Husband is an electrician and I am a HR officer

Hi

congratulations! It's a long but exciting process!

We have a home for rent in Currambine - please see our post under accommodation available --It's a really great up and coming area!

It's minutes to the sea ( gorgeous beaches), a few minutes drive to Joondalup and right by the train line/freeway so it's sooo easy to get to the CBD in about 25 minutes. the area has been really targeted for expansion in terms of services in the last 2 years - lots of new shops, cinema up grade, restaurants etc. In January 2016 they are opening a brand new open plan market with butchers/bakers etc..all very exciting!

I actually work in the doctor's surgery there and love the area

Please feel free to brouse our website

www.thebolt-hole.com

and message us. Our rental is designed to be a stepping stone for families emigrating and has been used by many ...in fact three in the last couple of years have brought in the suburb after staying :)

Good luck

Germaine

ps Currambine primary school is very popular and has glowing reports!

thanks this is really helpful. Your house looks amazing.