New Life Down Under

Perth may be removed from RSMS 187 by March Apply Now

Thanks for that.... so if applications are received before this actually happens, does that mean that the DIBP will honour those applications or do you think there will be a retrospective action?

Hi Rossmoyne. I think to be safe the visa application must be lodged prior to 11th march and then they will be safe for processing. State Government will not be able to change the Migration Regulations without going through Federal Govt, however I am presuming they can close the Skilled Migration WA division from the date they take office, effectively not allowing the positions to be certified, therefore they will not meet the requirements of the visa. Not sure but just think if anyone is thinking of this category do it now or potentially miss the boat!!!

I watched an interview on TV with Mark McGowan, leader of the Labour party, if he wins, he also plans on stopping 457's & petitioning Canberra to slow skilled migration to WA, as it is adding to the unemployment problem, dont know what he can do short term.