Mental health nurse requiring permanent sponsorship

Hi,

Not been wrote on here for a while but have read plenty. I came over to perth on 457 in 2014 but my daughter we want happy so we returned after 12 days.

Since returning I have thought about returning. I got a job on a female acute ward worked for 18 months. Currently a senior nurse in the community for a busy assessment team.

I also applied for my skills assessment and AHPRA registration which was granted last week.

I have done IELTS competent, PET twice but can't get superior (really don't want re do)

I have 55 points + 5 state sponsorship for 190.

I have been offered 489 WA but not perth.

Would like direct entry but not sure if possible WA.

Anyone been offered this or know of hospital who offer sponsorship?

I will be coming with my 17 year old and she will want to study fashion as she does in UK.

My partner is a qualified plumber, HGV driver and currently in Army reserves. He will join us once settled. My 20 year old will stay in our house continue her fashion degree at uni. My 18 year old us unsure but may stay in UK a bit longer with grandparents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be a struggle to get sponsorship even on another temp visa (the 457 has been abolished and replaced with the 482). 

State sponsorship for WA is also now hard and if they have offered a 489 that is about as good as you are likely to get. Though it will limit your ability to work as you can't work in Perth for a year. 

Has your agent discussed with you any issues with including your children on the application? The 20 year old and 17 should be ok, but if the 18 year old is not in full time education it could be an issue. 

Your husband also needs to research job options as his HGV qualifications won't be valid and plumbing is a licensed occupation which means he would need to work as a trade assistant for a period - usually a year - which is a bit like an apprentice and then take college courses. 

It would be a struggle to get sponsorship even on another temp visa (the 457 has been abolished and replaced with the 482). 
State sponsorship for WA is also now hard and if they have offered a 489 that is about as good as you are likely to get. Though it will limit your ability to work as you can't work in Perth for a year. 
Has your agent discussed with you any issues with including your children on the application? The 20 year old and 17 should be ok, but if the 18 year old is not in full time education it could be an issue. 
Your husband also needs to research job options as his HGV qualifications won't be valid and plumbing is a licensed occupation which means he would need to work as a trade assistant for a period - usually a year - which is a bit like an apprentice and then take college courses. 

Thanks vertstormy my partner is aware he would have to be a trade assistant for a while. It may be we have to consider other states for sponsorship.

• 10 months later...

Just a small update.. since my last post I got my APHRA registration, presented in Melbourne, offered a job at the Royal Melbourne hospital sponsored on a 186 PR DE ENS. I applied visa Sept 18 and last night nomination was approved. I have to do Medicals for the family then await visa grant.
My daughters have left fashion and one doing travel and tourism at college and one doing medical science at uni. My son is working as an apprentice plumbing and my partner has left the reserves and works as HGV driver.
I am unsure who will be moving with me but this is my last chance as 45 this year.

10 hours ago, Charlene Dermott said:

Just a small update.. since my last post I got my APHRA registration, presented in Melbourne, offered a job at the Royal Melbourne hospital sponsored on a 186 PR DE ENS. I applied visa Sept 18 and last night nomination was approved. I have to do Medicals for the family then await visa grant.
My daughters have left fashion and one doing travel and tourism at college and one doing medical science at uni. My son is working as an apprentice plumbing and my partner has left the reserves and works as HGV driver.
I am unsure who will be moving with me but this is my last chance as 45 this year.

What wonderful news Charlene - Congratulations