Moving from SA to WA

Jill

I currently live in Adelaide and as a family we are considering a move to WA.  My husband would be working in Henderson.  Any information and recommendations would be appreciated especially if you have made the move across country yourself.  

20 hours ago, Jill said:

I currently live in Adelaide and as a family we are considering a move to WA.  My husband would be working in Henderson.  Any information and recommendations would be appreciated especially if you have made the move across country yourself.  

Henderson is pretty easy to get to if you locate south of the river. Depending upon your budget, areas to look at would be Beeliar, Coogee, Spearwood, Rockingham, Port Kennedy and Secret Harbour.

If you locate north of the river, the commute would be a bit of a nightmare (you've got to cross one of a couple of very busy bridges in the morning rush hour).

Basic rule of thumb is that the closer to the beach you are, the more expensive the house. Beeliar bucks this by being closer to both Fremantle and Perth with good transport links.

Commutes to Henderson are about 15 minutes from Beeliar, 10 from Speawood and Coogee, 25 minutes from Rockingham, Baldivis and Port Kennedy. Secret Harbour is about 40-45 minutes.

All suburbs have good shopping nearby and a train link to the city within a ten minute drive.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...