190 Visa Processing Times

Aaron

Hi there so I googled the above and I got the following result:

75% of applications are processed within 9 months

90% of applications are processed with 12 months

I have looked at the timeline checker which doesn't seem to list past applications only current applications? Was wondering if anyone can tell me how long it took them to get their visa approved? was it over a year? I am thinking of investing in a property and living in it until my visa application is processed. If accepted I will start looking for work in Perth. If I then find a good job in Perth which works for me, I will rent the UK property out to tenants. Otherwise I will stay in the property. I'm all for this plan although saving for the Visa and Migration itself will be tough. I may need to use a credit card for the initial stages of migration (if it comes to pass). I feel like it will take around 9-12 months before I know where I stand. I desperately need to move out of my parents house and renting just seems like a bad idea because I have the money to buy. 

Unless it is really wise to buy in the UK now from an investing point of view, I wouldn't do it.

Renting, especially for just one year is, is not really throwing that much money away.

Managing overseas investment properties come with its own challenges as you are far away.

And if you need to use a credit card for your visa when you buy a home, you are making a terrible financial decision. And you will need a stack of cash as well to get started in Perth. Applying for work in Perth whilst still in the UK is a challenge.

So just by the info given, it does not sound like a good idea to buy in the UK when you are going to move in the next 1-2 years.

11 hours ago, FOL said:

Unless it is really wise to buy in the UK now from an investing point of view, I wouldn't do it.

Renting, especially for just one year is, is not really throwing that much money away.

Managing overseas investment properties come with its own challenges as you are far away.

And if you need to use a credit card for your visa when you buy a home, you are making a terrible financial decision. And you will need a stack of cash as well to get started in Perth. Applying for work in Perth whilst still in the UK is a challenge.

So just by the info given, it does not sound like a good idea to buy in the UK when you are going to move in the next 1-2 years.

I can get a lettings agent to take care of it while I am away. If worst case scenario I need to sell it I will. This apartment is in a desirable area. 

Congrats on the apartment. For now, just enjoy living the apartment and when time comes, review what you want to do with it.

I know that even with lettings agents, living far away is not ideal and homes can get wrecked. But don't worry about that now, just enjoy it while you are living in it .

• Like 1

On 30/07/2019 at 06:02, FOL said:

Congrats on the apartment. For now, just enjoy living the apartment and when time comes, review what you want to do with it.

I know that even with lettings agents, living far away is not ideal and homes can get wrecked. But don't worry about that now, just enjoy it while you are living in it .

Thank you for the message of positivity mate. I think you have the right idea. When I eventually get to Oz I will buy you a beer!

• Haha 1