Visas/Sponsorship/Age/Help!

jcross

Hi all, 

Recent sign up after a long time discussing a potential move to Australia, particularly WA.  Feels a bit pie-in-the-sky but desperate to move from the chaos of the UK as it stands and the obvious better quality of life!

Partner and I are 32/35 with 1 son who is 18 months.  Lots of practical experience working (PA/fitness instructor/start up business & pest control business /carpentry) however, no major qualifications to our names.  

My brother has lived in WA for the last 9 years and is now has citizenship/permanent residency but considering moving back to the UK(..!?!)

We're caught between not being eligible for certain visas for one reason or another and age isn't on our side.  I seem to go round in circles trying to find what may help us so I'm asking for help here.

Does anyone have any suggestions/knowledge they can send over my way?  (I'm sure this has been asked over and over again....And I'm aware there are agencies that can help but just trying to look at all cheap options first!)

Many Thanks!
Jen

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the forum. 

The first thing is you mention a carpentry business. Are either of you a qualified carpenter? Or do either of you have another trade?

I am afraid having a family member in Oz who is a citizen is of very limited help. It can in some circumstances add some extra points, but also has some negatives. 

Just a comment on the better life / relative moving back to the UK, it isn't a "better life" just a different one. Hence about half of those that move, return. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up regarding family.  My brother had suggested him being there wouldn't be much of an advantage.

Unfortunately no trade qualifications, other half can turn his hand to most things but no papers to say he can do it officially, unfortunately - maybe the route we need to go down. 

I hear what you're saying about 'better life'.  Right now, anything feels it would be better than here but appreciate what you're saying! 

• Like 1

Not sure whats wrong with the UK at the moment , hey unless its personal..... but compared to WA  its booming here for sure. Personally if we had not have came back to the UK when we did .... Well financially its made a big difference .

But we absolutely miss WA so so much , we are returning this chrimbo / jan 2021. And its not for the money - so it does have that pull . 

What about training to be a barber/hair dresser ? something on the skills list ? I know when we where there plasterers always seemed so busy out of all the trades .

Im sure there must be a way .... if its meant to be it is meant to be . 

good luck guys 

Thanks Pegg, appreciate your message.  Maybe I'm just in a crap part of the UK, haha! 

We've just been chatting about doing some re-training, possibly welding/fabricating - not me! 

Will definitely pursue, like you say if its meant to be and all that! 

I presume the Christmas trip is just a holiday, not another move?  Good to know you're still keen to visit although not living there!

13 hours ago, jcross said:

Thanks Pegg, appreciate your message.  Maybe I'm just in a crap part of the UK, haha! 

We've just been chatting about doing some re-training, possibly welding/fabricating - not me! 

Will definitely pursue, like you say if its meant to be and all that! 

I presume the Christmas trip is just a holiday, not another move?  Good to know you're still keen to visit although not living there!

Hi,  we will be moving back as our permanent visa expires 2021. Same area also .

But like i say i like it in the UK also,  My love for our rugged coastlines with never end.  But we live in the midlands so always a haul to the beach ! where in Mullaloo we where just a stroll form that giant swimming pool they call the ocean ! i swam every day in Oz - the sea is absolutely amazing !

Anyhow rambling on , i guess look at the skills list - identify whats wrong with UK to you guys and is OZ the answer ? ..... programs like "wanted downunder"  seem to show Oz in a very romantic way . 

Hey , if you want to personal message us ..... We would be happy to answer any questions ,  Or anyone else on forum ...... Weve had some very amazing advice from here .

Good luck guys !