Migration wannabe

ianfitzgibbon

Hi everyone 

my first post 😉 myself and my family are wanting to migrate - just need to submit our forms to the agency ‘Emigration Group”

my wife and I are totally want this - my eldest daughter is fine but just need to convince my youngest as we are currently living in my late parents house  she doesnt want to leave the place that nanny was...

reason for the post is there any timeline / setup by step guides for the process as I’m finding a bit of a minefield 

we are hoping to move to Perth and build etc

thanks again

ian Fitzgibbon

The first thing I would say is do not speak to anyone that is not themselves a registered migration agent. The firm you are using have one director that is and that is all. Personally, I would avoid 

The process is complex but as a rough guide:

Check is occupation is on one of the lists and if so which list. That determines if it is even possible and if so, which visa. An occupation on the long term list is eligible for a 189 visa. Occupations only on the short term are not but may be eligible for 190 or 491 visas.

Calculate points. You need a minimum of 65. However, a 189 is a competition and nobody has received an invite for a 189 with less than 90 for a long time

If going for a 190 or 491, check if any states are sponsoring that occupation and any special conditions the state is requiring 

If you are satisfied you have the points and a means to apply, then obtain a skills assessment

Most people find that to help points they need to sit an English language exam such as ILETS. This does need revision and preparation before sitting

Once you have the above, lodge an expression of interest. 

Wait to be invited and when invited apply. 

In the mean time, save money like mad. This is an expensive process. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ianfitzgibbon said:

Thank you both - the agent is a good one as it help my old work colleague and friend migrate too...

thanks for the save tip too 😉 time to raid the piggy bank me thinks `:D

I wouldn’t use that agent. That is as strong as I can say online. Do so at your peril. Don’t forget, if it goes all wrong, not only will it cost you thousands, but potentially even a ban on reapplying