Time for a life change, any advise welcome

Guest Mrscooper

Guest Mrscooper

Hi myself and family & my brother and his family have decided to make a change. We are just discussing moving to Perth Australia. I am going in feet first as I haven't even been but my brother & wife have as they went travelling before they had their daughter. We also have a step-brother who is already there & has been there about 4 years now.

Early days all round & haven't even applied for a visa etc, but any advise as to where to start out would be very appreciated (my brother is clued up with these things whereas I'm a bit unsure of the whole process of it)

my job would get us in as I have a NVQ level 3 diploma in early years and young persons development. Hubby's a car sales executive (which doesn't seem to be noticed) I'm 35 (next month) he is 44 & our kids are 14 & 15.

thanks in advance

Tracy

is your occupation on the skills needed list is a first start then select a good migration agent if it is.

your nvq will need to be converted to the australian equivilent here on arrival

just a suggestion but could you try for your nvq level 4 would stand you in better stead so to speak

Guest Mrscooper
is your occupation on the skills needed list is a first start then select a good migration agent if it is.

your nvq will need to be converted to the australian equivilent here on arrival

just a suggestion but could you try for your nvq level 4 would stand you in better stead so to speak

I think so, NVQ 3 in early years (my brother said it could get me in?!?!?) is on the skills list. Here in England im a childminder, caring for children within a home based care so I'm self employed here (not sure what its called there).

i could do my level 4 but it would cost & take 12-18 months to complete & to be honest I'm not sure if I have the patience to do it :-s

Early Childhood (Pre-Primary School) Teacher

think my NVQ comes under this skills

This occupation would require a degree to get a positive skills assessment.

And as it is assessed by AITSL, they require 4 years of University Education, usually with PGCE.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/e/early-childhood.htm

You should speak to a registered migration agent, but from what you have posted, it would be hard to see a suitable path for you to migrate.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1-2.pdf

Edited by DyLeB

Guest Mrscooper
This occupation would require a degree to get a positive skills assessment.

And as it is assessed by AITSL, they require 4 years of University Education, usually with PGCE.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/e/early-childhood.htm

You should speak to a registered migration agent, but from what you have posted, it would be hard to see a suitable path for you to migrate.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1-2.pdf

:.( this is not a good start!

Its annoying that if here in Perth you would both prob be snapped up by employers, its the getting the visa thats a prob.

Im sorry i dont have directions you can take. It does all seem a bit paper based qualifications rather than work experience here.

They dont seem to take into account "time served".

My Oh got a foot in the door, not through proved work skills and experiece, but on one single night time college course he did many moons ago. He has a bit of paper saying he passed X course.

In the day to day job he holds that means squits, on the job experience has taught him all he knows.

Guest Mrscooper
Its annoying that if here in Perth you would both prob be snapped up by employers, its the getting the visa thats a prob.

Im sorry i dont have directions you can take. It does all seem a bit paper based qualifications rather than work experience here.

They dont seem to take into account "time served".

My Oh got a foot in the door, not through proved work skills and experiece, but on one single night time college course he did many moons ago. He has a bit of paper saying he passed X course.

In the day to day job he holds that means squits, on the job experience has taught him all he knows.

My husband a few years back took business courses at work to I fact allow him to be manager. He passed and did become manager for a while but the money was less for more work (typical) he his digging out his course papers to see if this helps, if not I'm gonna see if there are ANY courses we can take to help us achieve our dream.

Thanks all for your posts, I'm not giving up just yet ;-)