190 Visa Granted!!

Anjuna1

Hello all,

I received an email on Tuesday confirming that my 190 has been granted! My husband and I screamed the house down in excitement. After spending most of last year getting everything together we finally submitted our application in January and it has all happened so quickly, I still can't believe we've done it! Now the planning can finally begin. All being well we hope to be in perth mid August.....woohooo!!

:biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations Anjuna! Yippee! Hope you have the bubbly out! I am waiting to hear about skills assessment! I am so inpatient but suppose I need to get used to it, as there will be more waiting when we apply for our 190 visa.:arghh:

good luck tomorrow Caroline with your meeting! What agent have you arranged to meet up with. We are using the emigration group. Handy as they are only based down the road.

Thanks guys!! The skills assessment and the IELTS test proved to be very testing last year and we were also hit with the July 2012 changes to the points system so lets just say, 2012 was frustrating at times but, since we submitted in January it all went so quick!

Good luck with the skills assessment Monkeylloyd and hope your meeting goes well CarolineD82!!

Congratulations Anjuna!!!! My OH and I are just about to begin the whole process for a 190, we're at just the stage of arranging the ielts and trades tests for him, he's a bricklayer. How did you find the ielts test? I've heard some worrying stories about it being very difficult to pass? We have an appointment with overseas emigration on Friday, but reading your comments about everything being straight forward I might rethink forking out 2 grand to let an agent do it. Can't believe you got it so quick, that's really encouraging to hear

Hey McKennasul, I have to admit I found the IELTS test to be a pain in the backside. I am an accountant and initially sat the academic and missed out on 0.5 point on the reading test. I the did the general test and missed out by 0.5 twice on the listening test so, on my final attempt I changed test centre and did loads of practice. It sounds ridiculous that I couldn't do it especially after doing 14 accountancy exams but it wasn't as straight forward as I expected it to be. I actually used Thames Migration and they were fantastic. I personally would recommend using an agent but I had a good experience with Thames and the skills assessment was quite a tedious process so I was glad to have them take some of the pressure off.

Good luck with everything :biggrin:

Hi!!

Firstly congrats on getting your visa you must feel so so relieved its all done hope everything goes smoothly for your move :D

Just a quick question if anyone can advise, myself partner and 3 kids are going for a 190 visa and are at the EOI application stage weve paid our $200 and submitted the app, but.......theyve come back with a heads up about needing $35k per couple and $5k per child in funding for the move. We now have a 28day period to submit a figure around this mark before the application goes to the state for sponsorship ahhhhhhh weve got substantial savings but no where near 50 odd grand! well be more like $20k by the time we move maybe next yr depending and have been told by friends who live in perth that will be more than enough to survive the 1st couple of mths.

Are these funds legal requirements? How much did anyone reading this say they had at a minimum for acceptance of state sponsorship? Any help would be greatly appreciated as we too have no agent and are doig it ourselves.

Many thanks x mel x

Hi!!

Firstly congrats on getting your visa you must feel so so relieved its all done hope everything goes smoothly for your move :D

Just a quick question if anyone can advise, myself partner and 3 kids are going for a 190 visa and are at the EOI application stage weve paid our $200 and submitted the app, but.......theyve come back with a heads up about needing $35k per couple and $5k per child in funding for the move. We now have a 28day period to submit a figure around this mark before the application goes to the state for sponsorship ahhhhhhh weve got substantial savings but no where near 50 odd grand! well be more like $20k by the time we move maybe next yr depending and have been told by friends who live in perth that will be more than enough to survive the 1st couple of mths.

Are these funds legal requirements? How much did anyone reading this say they had at a minimum for acceptance of state sponsorship? Any help would be greatly appreciated as we too have no agent and are doig it ourselves.

Many thanks x mel x

Thanks!! It is such a relief to be able start putting dates on things rather saying if or when we get our visa!

i have to say I haven't heard of there being a minimum amount of funds you should have in your bank account we were never asked anything like this. It just so happens that we do have more than the amounts you have specified but nowhere have I read that it's a legal requirement.

Good luck with everything :-)

Hey Anjuna1, well we had a very positive meeting yesterday with Overseas Emigration in Edinburgh (recommend through a friend) the guy was fab, reassuring and straight to the point. After a lot of thought we decided that trying do it on our own would be too stressful so we signed up to go with them, finally the wheels are now in motion! Next step is for my oh to sit his trades test and study his backside off for this bloody ielts test. Here's hoping we don't have many hiccups along the way. Hope everything's going well at your end! :cute:

Congratulations.

We were asked if we had those funds available too. I had listed the costs that we expedted to pay (we had researched the costs last month when we had a holiday in Perth) but they wanted confirmation that we had more funds available, which I confirmed that we had assets such as cars (with no finance on) and a property to sell and the state sponsorship was approved within hours of me replying and then we had our Skillselect invitation within another couple of hours of that.

Congratulations.

We were asked if we had those funds available too. I had listed the costs that we expedted to pay (we had researched the costs last month when we had a holiday in Perth) but they wanted confirmation that we had more funds available, which I confirmed that we had assets such as cars (with no finance on) and a property to sell and the state sponsorship was approved within hours of me replying and then we had our Skillselect invitation within another couple of hours of that.

If Tha from godsown (Yorkshire ) did Tha tell em about the careful funds , them under mattress Tha noes