Yorkshire couple looking for new friends

Guest hull2perth

Guest hull2perth

Hi I'm Andy 30 y/o and Kelly my partner is 27, were looking to expand our circle of friends ( the circle isn't very big) ha ha we have been in Perth just coming upto 18 months now and need to meet more, I'm a carpenter, love my football I'm a big hull city fan I also play on a Sunday. I'm trying to get into fishing too, and of course we like a beer down the pub, were both kinda over the clubbing scene. Kelly works in real estate. We live in Belmont area so if anyone fancys a catch up give us a shout

Guest steveelaine84

hey we are a couple from hull we have been in perth for nearly a year. we live nor in padbury. steve is really into his footie and golf. we are both 28 love going out for drinks but not really clubbing any more (hope this doesnt mean we are getting old) could meet and have a few drink if you both fancy it. would be great to catch up with ppl from Hull x

Guest deeruss
Hi I'm Andy 30 y/o and Kelly my partner is 27, were looking to expand our circle of friends ( the circle isn't very big) ha ha we have been in Perth just coming upto 18 months now and need to meet more, I'm a carpenter, love my football I'm a big hull city fan I also play on a Sunday. I'm trying to get into fishing too, and of course we like a beer down the pub, were both kinda over the clubbing scene. Kelly works in real estate. We live in Belmont area so if anyone fancys a catch up give us a shout

Hi, we are Russ and Dee also from Hull but just moved here 4 weeks ago. We are moving to Atwell on Monday. My Husband loves going fishing and also supports Hull City. Would love to meet up for a drink or eats if you fancy sometime,

Hi Andy not in Perth permanently yet but here on holiday go back on Fri 22 (tommorrow) BOO HOO but i have my PR Visa just sorting a visa for my girlfriend who is also from Hull I notice you are a carpenter me also how do you find work Ive been asking a few questions while Ive been here and things seem positive we are looking to be out before Christmas but things are so bad in UK i might come over earlier to get my foot in the door and get things sorted before my partner comes over

Been based in rolystone for the last 3 weeks

Gary

Hi All,

This is not meant to be critical, its a genuine query. We are from Yorkshire and will be arriving within the next few weeks. One of the things we have discussed is our desire not to be an "expat". By that I mean we want to try and integrate as much as possible without the need for finding other Brits. This may be naive considering we're not there yet and you guys are so you know how it works over there. I suppose what I'm asking is, why is it difficult for Poms to build a circle of friends? Do you find the locals tend to be wary of you? Like I said , not a criticism, just interested to hear your opinion(s)

Guest hull2perth

Gary I can get you a job with me anytime, I'm making caravans and mine site accommodation, there is another English lad working with us ironically he's from chesterfield too. Let me know when you get back or add me on Facebook . Name is above. Good luck

Jch Aussies don't understand our crack, they're too serious, they get pissed too easy, they like cricket and say crap words.that for me puts me off. Good luck and goodbye

I don't think all Ozzies can be tarred with the same brush tbh lol! I like cricket too, honest! Are you having a moment?

Hi All,

This is not meant to be critical, its a genuine query. We are from Yorkshire and will be arriving within the next few weeks. One of the things we have discussed is our desire not to be an "expat". By that I mean we want to try and integrate as much as possible without the need for finding other Brits. This may be naive considering we're not there yet and you guys are so you know how it works over there. I suppose what I'm asking is, why is it difficult for Poms to build a circle of friends? Do you find the locals tend to be wary of you? Like I said , not a criticism, just interested to hear your opinion(s)

It takes a while to build friendships. You can come and integrate and hopefully, be able to choose people who you get on with, whether they be British, Ozzies, or any other nationality. It's not that difficult, it just takes time. I would be surprised is you didn't find other Brits as we have a huge population of them here. That's not a bad thing, it's just how it is. We started out with a huge group of acquaintances but only a select few have become good friends. I have lots of Ozzie friends that I can call any time about anything. I also have lots of British friends who are equally sincere. Good luck.

Cheers MC, I'm not actively looking to exclude Brits from my circle of friends but don't want "England with the sunshine" either.

Bit puzzled by Hull2perth's response "Aussies don't understand our crack, they're too serious, they get pissed too easy, they like cricket and say crap words" I guess I'll find out what he means by that in a few weeks.

Cheers MC, I'm not actively looking to exclude Brits from my circle of friends but don't want "England with the sunshine" either.

Bit puzzled by Hull2perth's response "Aussies don't understand our crack, they're too serious, they get pissed too easy, they like cricket and say crap words" I guess I'll find out what he means by that in a few weeks.

Im puzzled too lol! Prob had a bad day!

Hi andy,I arrived in Perth 4 1/2 weeks ago with my partner Ben and our 2 children (6 and 9), bens a carpenter, he loves football (Chelsea fan) and he wants to get into fishing, we r both over the clubbing scene too but still like a drink or 2 (more like 5or 6 ha ha), if u and Kelly would like to meet up let me know, we r in clarkson.

• 1 year later...

Hi JCH

My husband and I have been in Perth for nearly two years. My husband wanted to integrate with the locals hence we are renting SOR in Ardross mainly Australian. Bad move, one neighbour says hello. It is not like Neighbours or Home & Away. I, in the end came on this site and made several friends two of which went back home as they did not like it here. I find Australian people arrogant, uncouth and lagging behind the UK. I am a nurse but find nursing so backwards here. If you are over 30 I feel that it is harder to make friends as friendships are already made and Australian people do not put themselves out. Sorry I sound grim but WA is a weird place to be. If you want to live in 1960 its a great place apparently.