UK TV's

travelchic

Arrrr. Thanks hw72. Sorry to hear that you have had them shipped and can't use them.

My sons TV is a big furry camel with the TV inserted into the middle of it. Gonna look stupid in the living room but hey ho, needs must. He's gonna be made up its in the living room, he's also going to be gutted we can't take it with us.

Thanks again.

Debs.

I've never heard of a tv camel but it has made me smile!! You could always bring it with you and use your UK DVD player on it with all your UK DVDs. I don't think you can play Austrialian DVDs on UK ones. TVs are cheaper here than in the UK though.

There is no reason for it not to work, ours did, just a different analogue frequency, you could get picture but no sound, but that is irrelevant now as analogue is being switched off. With a set top box all should be ok. However the high aud means tv s are a lot cheaper here now than they were a few years back.

Our two work here. One of them had Freeview built in and I had to pull out the card and hook up a cheap STB to get it to run Aussie Freeview.

However, its never off the Playstation which, if you're so inclined, you can subscribe to a VPN provider and hook into iplayer, 4OD, Lovefilm or Netflix etc.

Of course, such practice may not be entirely legal and as a result I certainly would not get involved in anything like that nor would I encourage it, honest.

Debs, just read that you can get set top boxes and they will work. Most TVs are set up to pick up uk digital channels which is different to Oz. Some can be changed to pick up Oz but most can't. Don't let this put you off taking the Camel. Legend...

Hi all,

The camel is more useful ha ha !

she a girl goes by the name of Jess when she chooses to answer to it!

She is a cross breed wired haired fox terrier x border terrier we think.

Debs we only live in Warrington you can have her ! Ha ha its costing me a fortune to ship her out to Perth in August , we go 16 th June so she is staying with my son at home till then.

Good luck with telly x