June 2013 190 Lodged Gang

ashleymhale

There is certainly lots to do before we actually move. Now the flights are booked we are looking into shipping and getting some quotes, renewing passports, opening bank accounts, applying for jobs, looking for rental accommodation, looking at the price of cars, on top of planning a wedding!

I'm certainly not complaining though. Its so exciting.

I hope everyone gets their visas granted asap and we can help each other with the organising our moves!!

Good luck everyone!

Loving your enthusiasm! I looked at your list to do and thought, OMG, we any going to have do all that too (hopefully), where do you start? Seems over whelming.

Good luck!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

190 Visa granted exactly 1 month after medicals!!! Hopefully this will give you guys waiting some timescale to work too. Like others before the wait is horrible, checking emails everyday then out of the blue got a call from our agent this morning visa granted! At last we can now begin to get things booked and hopefully move out by end of November.

Thanks Ashley, Its not really sunk in yet, I am walking around in a bit of a daze! I cant wait to start getting organised with flights accommodation etc. Do you have jobs to go out to? I am really hoping that we can get out there by mid October / November, there is so much to do, but it is all sooooo exciting!

Thanks Ashley, Its not really sunk in yet, I am walking around in a bit of a daze! I cant wait to start getting organised with flights accommodation etc. Do you have jobs to go out to? I am really hoping that we can get out there by mid October / November, there is so much to do, but it is all sooooo exciting!

Its a great feeling, we are all sorted apart from shipping containers which we have people coming to quote ove rthe next couple of weeks. I have a few people interested in me regarding work but as we are still 4 months away employers seem unwilling to commit. I'm hoping the closer we get I can secure employment before we go out. have fun organising, its a great feeling!

Brilliant news :) :) Congratulations !!!

I am also from the June gang. You can see my signature for the timeline.

I have not got a CO yet. I called up DIAC today (though its just 3 weeks) and inquired, she said CO will be allocated soon. I have lodged all documents including PCC, Medicals will be uploaded tomorrow from the medical center. Fingers crossed for further steps!

VISA GRANTED TODAY !

Came as such a surprise because the CO had requested an AFP check yesterday but my agent challenged it, they did a review and granted the visa !

A big big weight of the shoulders.................now just got to sell the house, viewing this coming Monday and have all my fingers crossed !

VISA GRANTED TODAY !

Came as such a surprise because the CO had requested an AFP check yesterday but my agent challenged it, they did a review and granted the visa !

A big big weight of the shoulders.................now just got to sell the house, viewing this coming Monday and have all my fingers crossed !

Congratulations!!

What was your timeline in the end from lodging/CO assigned etc?

Congratulations!!

What was your timeline in the end from lodging/CO assigned etc?

Thanks Nikkis,

It was 7 weeks from lodging to CO assigned and 2 days extra for visa grant. All of my documents were front loaded.

Judging by your signature you shouldn't be too far behind now, maybe a week or so, if everything is uploaded you are decision ready all being well !

Good news!!

We also got a CO assigned yesterday (Brisbane Team 34).

What additional info have you been requested to provide? We're both having to complete Form 80 as well as providing more relationship evidence, even though we've been married 5 1/2 years!

Yes good news indeed! The documents are same as yours including additional documents supporting our de facto, which our agent adviced us to submit our recent joint account statements. Photos of travels abroad could be useful also.. Hoping for a smooth process from here onwards.. cheers to us :)

I don't have an agent, have done it all myself. I was assigned a CO about 3 weeks ago now, had my medical done on the Saturday after he was assigned and am awaiting my PCC paperwork. He asked for military discharge papers and some more info from work, bank statements etc which I have had to email as the TRN system hasn't been working for a couple of days. So I think it's just the PCC now and everything will be in. Am really excited as I started another forum and was told that once the PCC is in it could only be a matter of days/weeks before a visa is issued. How long do we have before we have to leave the UK / take up the visa?

Hi Clare.

The visa will have a First Entry date on it. This will be one year after the date of your medical or PCC, usually whichever is earliest. You have to enter Australia by this date in order to activate the visa, but you don't have to stay. I think once it's activated you have 4 or 5 years to make the move permanent.

Good luck and keep us posted!