June 2013 190 Lodged Gang

ashleymhale

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, I'm being paranoid and impatient as I keep checking to see if any response, although it had been less than 24 hours since uploading the PCCs. Checked the letter the CO sent requesting the PCCs and realised he had asked for them to be emailed directly to the team. I had in fact uploaded them to the 'supporting documents' section where we had uploaded everything else! Resent the PDF files in an email to him. Then checked the time difference to Adelaide (9.5 hours) so knew I would hear nothing today. Reminder to self: Stop checking my emails, they are all asleep over there!!! :err:

VISA GRANTED!!!!!! :jiggy::laugh::laugh::jiggy::laugh::jiggy::laugh::rolleyes::biglaugh::jiggy::chatterbox::biglaugh::laugh::cute::wideeyed::biggrin::jiggy::laugh::biggrin::wideeyed::laugh::wideeyed::laugh:

Just checked emails and firstly found a letter from skills select saying our EOI had been withdrawn. Not what I expected. Then it said it could be because either we had had a visa denied or been granted. This unsettled me.

I then saw a another email from our CO saying we had been granted the visa. The letter was very flat in tone. Very business like. This may sound pathetic but I thought the opening line would say 'Congratulations! Your visa has been granted'. I read on and found that line much further down in supporting documents that were sent. Because I received the news in this way my response was not one of shouting and running around, that was what I expected to do, like when the CO invited us to apply for the visa in the first place. This time my excitement was slower to sink in and realise.

I tried to phone my OH but he is in meetings all day and I can't get hold of him. I want him to be the first to know. My 11 & 8 year old boys are here but I want us to tell them together. They asked me why I was laughing and I lied and said I had read something funny on the internet! So other than running my hand over the chilled bottle of champagne in the fridge in anticipation, I have got no one to tell and no way of letting out my excitement.

However, I just had to tell all those on PP who have shared my journey to date. You guys have been fantastic and a real support along the way. I just want to say thank you for all the encouraging comments and cyber friendships that have developed. Amazing!

Edited by Akasully2

Thank you for all the warm wishes! Love it!

Hubby found out at work via his phone so no need to break the news to him. His first reaction was, "right, let's go ASAP after Christmas! Make sure there is plenty of booze in tonight, we are celebrating!".

Still waiting for him to come home so we can tell the boys. I have it all planned as a special event. I have hung on the washing line a perfectly crisp and unused tea towel we bought that says 'I Love Australia'. Common enough sight but conspicuous once you are in on the secret. Hidden in the veg patch is a tiny card with the Oz flag on it. It is discretely pegged to a bay tree. I'm going to send them out into the garden to with the mission of finding something that doesn't belong there. Hopefully they will come back eventually with card. Inside I have written them a message, 'Today we heard that we have been granted our visa by Australia! We are going to Live in Australia!!!!!!'. Hopefully their screams won't let on to the neighbours yet!:laugh:

Cant wait to open the champagne. A girl can only wait for so long!! HUBBY HOME .......!

See you on the Singapore airlines flight on the 6th Jan then eh ;0) ?!!!!

That would be hilarious. We would have to arrange to wear a certain colour hat or something so we could identify each other! Saying that though, you could probably whittle it down to who it could be just by finding two women who are either crying their eyes out or grinning like Cheshire cats. In your case you could be identified by seeing a woman being trailed by her MIL calling out, " Just tell, is it something I said?". :biglaugh:

Edited by Akasully2